cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Validate SFC with data collection

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there a way to use data collection to validate that the value entered is the same as the current SFC?

Scenario:

A label is being printed on a shared printer which increases the risk that an incorrect label (for a different SFC) might be placed on a unit.  We would like the operator to scan the barcode of the label into a data collection field and the system to validate that the value entered is the same as the SFC they are collecting the data against.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alli,

You can try with including SFC number as a barcode In the label print rather than opting for Data Collection, which I see is a wearying. So that when the Barcode is scanned the SFC number is recorded. You can do this with usage of meData.xml and Adobe LCD.

If you are specific to go for DC, then add a Custom Data field in Custom Data Maintenance, through which data entered(in your case SFC) can be sent to the label.

If I remember there is a SAP note which guides how to print custom data, which can proove to be usefull. I dont find at my system right now.

Thanks

Anudeep KM

Message was edited by: Anudeep KM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not worried about printing the label correctly, I am worried about the operator grabbing the incorrect label from a shared printer.

ie.  The operator prints their one label via a print hook, walks over to the printer and there are 6 labels that have been printed.  When they get back to their station, I would like them to scan the barcode printed on the label into a data collection field (or some other field) to verify that they picked the correct label out of the 6 available labels that were on the printer.

HariCS23
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alli, Isn't visual inspection of SFC printed on the label with value in SFC IP field of POD suffice?

If at all..you want to pursue DC approach..i don't think out of box validation does that .  You can try writing some custom code with SDK..to do this.

Thanks

Hari

Former Member
0 Kudos

A visual inspection will work, but is not as robust as a system validation and still leaves room for operators to make mistakes.

Answers (0)