cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Java Stack - PI 7.3.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Experts.

I have around 30 interfaces ABAP Proxy - SOAP (Dual Stack) and it works.

I would like to change to point out to Java Stack (perfomance reasons) . What considerations Do I need?

Only on this proyect I have this kind of interfaces (Proxy  - SOAP and vice versa)

I just check this blog http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-27374

Regards

Fabricio

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you already java stack instaltion or you are on PI 7.31 dual stack and wanna move to AEX type then no major challenges.

You could use same mappings programs but ID configurtaion and proxy configuration changes required.

Start one proto type complete based on that move all interfaces.

What issues are you facing with dual stack? what type of performance issues?100% not gaurantee that JAVA stack will solve performance issues.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As Raja commented might be a good idea to test first using one interface. It does not matter, if you are thinking to use dual- or single-stack in PI 7.31 ( or already are in PI 7.31 dual-stack), you can convert objects into ICO objects (AEX objects). There is a migration tool available in PI 7.31 SP07 (works on dual- and single stack). Read more from sap help: Migrating Directory Content (New)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

Thanks for your answers.

Well on this project I saw only one interface with multiple operations around 25 for Inbound

and 5 for outbound. I'm not totally sure if this is the problem , maybe we can split in 3 or 4 interfaces

Around 500 stores point to one web service in two hours , and sometime we have problem with the time response ,because we have on CC Sender.

Regards.

Fabrizio.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As already many have expressed their views w.r.t performance ...

One import thing you need to consider while transporting your proxy objects is check the source ECC system is on latest version (atleast on 7.0) which supports the communication to the Advanced Adapter Engine (i.e. for configuration IS_URL parameters with sub parameters support in sender side..)

HTH

Rajesh

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Currently you bypass adapter engine and directly communicating from sap system(local integration engine ) to the PI (central) integration server.  This way you have increased performance to some extent using sender proxy(adapter less)communication. IMO, you might not see a big impact switching to AEX (bypass abap stack) for performance reason. But if you are planning to move to PI 7.31 then you can go ahead for sure.

Muniyappan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you are trying to bypass integration engine to increase the performance then you have to go for ICO.

and some changes required for outbound proxy channel configuration.

you can find plenty of doc in scn for this.

in dual stack proxy gives better performance. could you tell us what exactly you are facing?

Regards,

Muniyappan.