cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message Sequencing/Ordering in SAP PI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

We have a requirement for Message Sequencing/Ordering for our project. The details given below.

There are three kinds (A, B and C) of messages which form a batch of 100 messages. The distribution is 30 messages of type A, 30 messages of type B and 40 messages of type C. The source is an ABAP system (SAP CRM) and the target is a JMS Queue.

The messages are trigerred from the Source system randomly. For example 10 messages of type A, then 10 messages of type B, then 10 messages of type A, 10 messages of type C, 20 messages of type B etc. PI needs to instill some order in the outgoing messages i.e send all messages of type A first, then send all messages of type B then send all messages of type C.

Is there any way that can be achieved in PI?

There is something called "JMS Priority" on the queues. Is this something that can be used to achieve the above mentioned required?

Any help will be appreciated.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Merina1
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Upendra,

Try using Integration Process in PI.

Thanks,

Merina

marksmyth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

Check the link Basic Routing Techniques. I think this explains the solution you require. Search the forum for "content based routing" and/or multimappings and you will find more details on this. For example: PI/XI: PI 7.3 content based routing and multimappings for ICO - teaser.

Regards

Mark

ambrish_mishra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Upendra,

Your requirement is best achieved in PI by ccBPM.

• You are looking to collect messages of Type A, B and C
  • Send A, B and C in sequence.

Sequencing is something you need to do in PI. I dont think JMS adapter has a role to play here.

Hope it helps!

Ambrish