cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

installing PLM_WUI 702, why does SAP make this so difficult

arsnlgunnr
Participant
0 Kudos

I am attempting to install PLMWUI 702 in my ECC6 EHP6 NW731 instance.  The download from the market place is for upgrade only, so when you try to install it in SAINT it asks for the stack XML file from MOPZ.  Problem is, when running MOPZ, this add-on does not show up in the "choose add-on" tab.  So I added it to my basket manually and approved in MOPZ, but I don't get an option to generate a stack XML file! 

I then try to install PLMWUI 701, so when I run MOPZ it would recognize it and recommend the upgrade to 702, thus giving me the option to have it part of the stack XML file.  WRONG!  When I try to install PLMWUI 701 through SAINT, it won't let me continue cause it says it needs 702!  WTF!?

So, how am I supposed to get a stack XML file for PLMWUI 702???

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You will need to select the PLM Core Technical Usage when installing/upgrading, just as you would with any other Technical Usage. MOPZ will figure out the dependencies and generate the stack file. See SAP note 1566412 including the attachments for details.

https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1566412

arsnlgunnr
Participant
0 Kudos

Samuli,

Where do you select the Technical Usage in MOPZ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

You get to choose the Technical Usages only when applying EHPs or doing a version upgrade.

arsnlgunnr
Participant
0 Kudos

Samuli,

Got it.  I was getting hung up on the fact that the PLMWUI is part of the PLM core technical usage and not a regular add-on.  Thank you for your help.

Answers (0)