Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System monitoring template for Sybase ASE 15.7

Dimitri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I'm busy setting up system monitoring for our SAP system running on a Sybase ASE 15.7 database.

The Oracle template for example, contains a metrics for tablespaces getting filled, file system full etc.

The template for the Sybase ASE 15.7 database is lacking this information, but we definitely need it.

How can we obtain this kind of information in our Sybase ASE template?

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

Dimitri

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Under Solman_setup > Technical Monitoring > System Monitoring > Step 4 Template Maintenance > Database > Sybase ASE 15.7  (You probably know how to navigate there, this is to let others know where it is at).

Click the Edit button

Click the Expert Mode button

Click the Create Custom Template button

Navigate to the Metrics tab

You should now notice a 'Create' button right under where you clicked the Edit button

You first have to create the custom Metric to collect information about tablespaces before you can create the alerts; and you have quite a few ways/options to collect the information, I don't have any ASE databases in my environment so you may need to test various metric scenarios. 

As for the file system full, look under the Host (Server) grouping under the Database grouping as there are already defined metrics/alerts for file system size or % used.

Dimitri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Billy,

We recently upgraded our Solution Manager system to SP08. Now, the Sybase ASE template is fully available.

Kind regards,

Dimitri

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Good to know, I have a few Sybase DBs in the landscape and I'm currently on SP08.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dimitri,

We are planning to do Sybase ASE template configuration in our systems (Solman), so it would be great if share the configuration document(SAP Note, SAP Guide) for this activity.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Vino

Dimitri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vino,

Look for documents concerning the setup of System Monitoring within your SAP Solution Manager system. A step in that configuration is the template and all its details.

Kind regards,

Dimitri

Answers (0)