cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Table replication in SAP HANA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We are planning to implement SAP HANA as a side car scenario. I wanted to know when we copy the tables from SAP ECC to SAP HANA do we copy the entire table structure as it is in SAP ECC or we copy only the table. Can you please help me understand this. Also please let me know how do we handle the dynamic table creation in SAP HANA....

Regards

Nilesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nilesh,

To answer your question, it really depends on the method you are using to load into your HANA side car. You have the option of loading from flat files, bobj data services, SAP SLT, DXC, SRS, or custom ABAP programs via secondary database connection which is what you are aiming for with sidecar approach.

Flat files - whats in the flat file must be loaded, you cannot omit or add fields. You can change the types of fields as preferred while creating the table.

BOBJ DS - you can perform transformations to your data (omit/add fields, change format of data, etc). You can then either load to an existing table or create a template table in BOBJ DS which in turn creates a table in HANA.

SLT - primary use is for real time replication (based on trigger replication). This loads tables directly, you can create transformations in the SLT server for a table to add/omit fields of a table.

DXC - uses BW extractors, so you can create custom data sources in rsa3/rsa6 or use SAP standard and load to HANA. Your extract structure defines the structure of your hana table.

Custom ABAP - you definitely need custom abap programs to read data from HANA. You can also use these to write data back into HANA. You would have to either create the table via SE11 or create in HANA directly.

I suggest you take a look at this document as it gives you a brief overview of the possible replication scenarios to HANA.

Now coming to your second question - could you elaborate more on what you mean by dynamic table creation? Are you referring to tables created by the loading methods or tables required for calculations/processing?

You can use table types or temp tables in HANA which are equivalent to how an internal table works in ABAP.

Perhaps if you provide a use case or example of what you want to achieve, that would help in guiding you towards the right solution.

Cheers,

Sharan

Answers (0)