cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stock in QI without inspection lot

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

at Go-Live stock was loaded with a 563 movement to QI-stock. Now we noticed it is still in QI, but for this batch there has never ever an inspection lot been created. QM is active in mat master, so I can't use MIGO, but I also can't use QM, because there's not lot, which I can make a UD. If I create a lot manually and UD it, the stock will remain in QI... How to get it out of QI to unrestricted?

Does anybody have a clue how to solve that?

Many thanks,

Martin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

First make sure in your plant QM config settings, on the "Insp. lot creation" tab you have defined an inspection type for "InspTypeForInspStock".  SAP often delivers this as 0800 and you might find it already there.  You should also make sure you have inspection plans of the correct usage for the 0800 inspection type.

Now run the transaction QA08.  (there are multiple threads out there on how to run it if you need some details).  When you run QA08, I would give it a list of just those materials in QI stock you have the issue with.  Use the mass processing tab of QA08.  Make sure you click on "Activate despite insp. stock" and "Create Change Documents" (updates material master change docs). Run it to add inspection type 08.

It will activate the 08 inspection type for these materials and it should create inspection lots for any stock in QI.  The new lots created should use the 0800 inspection type.

Now, if you don't want those materials to have the 08 inspection type active, run QA08 for the same materials and deactivate the 08 inspection type using QA08.

You should now be able to process the 0800 inspection lots.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks guys. I found a very old lot eventually, which belongs to this QI stock. The user was able to do the UD in order to move the stock to unrestricted. Many thanks for your help.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member184536
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Martin

Stock is in quality and no inspection lot is found that means When you posted the stock into quality at that time QM was not active on that material.

So you have two ways .

1. As suggested by Mr. FF if you want to clear that qty with inspection lot.

2. Do manual clearance by using MB1B with movement type 321 . when all quantity will be cleared from Quality then activate relevant inspection type so that in future you will not inspection lot.

Regards

Manish

former_member620323
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

Plz Check the QM view of material master, there is inspection type 05 is active or not.

If not then you can transfer the stock from Quality inspection to unrestricted use stock by using movement type 321.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you activated Stock Transfer Inspection Type (08) for that material??

If not, while doing 563 movement, you will get error message as Change the inspection stock of material 10100510250002 in QM only (Message no. QA495).

Check the Inspection lot in QA32 for 08 Inspection lot origin.