cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NWBC - Everything opens in a new browser window

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SAP users,

as you all already experienced, in version 3.5x of the NWBC, almost everything is opening in a new browser window - which I find pretty annoying. On every click on a link, a new browser window opens - which often makes it hard to track which window contains what. Is there a possibility to personalize this, so that not all links lead to new browser windows?

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

Darie

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

AtulKumarJain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Darie,

Please check

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3355775

BR

Atul

arsnlgunnr
Participant
0 Kudos

Darie,

What browser are you using?  Some browsers have a setting where you can specify whether or not to open a new browser window or not when clicking a link.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jayson,

thanks for the hint. Unfortunately, this does not solve the problem entirely, I tested it in IE 8 (I have to stick to this version due to other tools I use...) and Chrome 27. The most I can set is that pop-ups are opened in new tabs, instead of new windows.

I think the problem comes from somewhere else: if the NWBC has been programmed to create textual links which have the target "_blank", there is nothing I can do on the browser side. The HTML value "_parent" would do the trick, but I cannot set it anywhere.

Back to my question: is there a possibility to customize the SAP_GRC_NWBC role, so that any content is displayed, for example in the so-called side panel?

Thanks in advance.