cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SD Invoice Baseline date as LR Date

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have read numerous threads stating the new restriction set by SAP that does not allow to change the baseline date (by setting in OBB8). Now, our client requires the base line date of a sales invoice to be considered as LR date. There are no standard field even to place the LR date against a delivery. How can the payment due date can be calculated from the LR date as the base line date ? is there any workaround without enhancement?

Thanks,

Binita Joshi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Please, let us know what is LR Date. Check if it's possible to change this date in VBRK with copy rules.

As a last resort, you can modify this dates during the interface to accounting. See Note 301077 - User exits for the interface to accounting for further information (research in the structure ACCIT).

I hope this helps you

Regards

Eduardo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank both of you for replying. LR Date is Lorry Receipt Date which is given by the transporter / carrier that carries the client's goods to their consignee / customers that contains all the information of shipment destination and source. So ideally system will have two dates in consideration. One is the Sales Invoice posting date. and another is the LR date which is available only after Invoice is printed. Our client wants that the base line date to calculate the payment due date should be the LR date and not the date when the invoice was posted.

Now please suggest if there is any way to achieve this.

Thanks,

Binita

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Are you using POD (proof of delivery) functionality? See this document http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-27487, but I don't remember if the date of invoice is the same. Set in tcode VLPOD the POD date, and check copy rules and how to handle this date, or try with the enhancements in note 301077.

I hope this helps you

Regards

Eduardo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eduardo,

Thank you for replying. I am a little late in responding to your answer. I can see a technical difference in Proof of Delivery and Lorry Receipt. POD essentially comes after the goods are delivered by the consigner and than there is an invoice being raised. so there is a time lag in between Delivery being done and sales invoice being made. now here in our case, the goods can not leave the factory unless sales invoice accompany it so we can't wait for POD. also, the LR date is available when the transporter gives the receipt to our client that so much quantity have been loaded to their truck so that would always come only after Sales invoice is generated.so there is a change in the order in which POD and invoice occurs and the Invoice and the LR occurs.

so POD can't be treated as LR in my view. now the issue is, the invoice date is say 24th Jun and the LR date is 26th Jun. the requirement is, even if the invoice is posted by 24th jun to accounts, the outstanding should be calculated from 26th Jun. I guess the report with customization is the only way. please suggest if anyone thinks otherwise.

Thanks,

Binita

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

OK, I believe I understand it now. Maybe you can try with transport (tcode VT01N). Please, see the document  "Inbound Transportation in Logistics Execution"  by Manikanda ilango  in the link http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-2147. Although it is wrote using inbound deliveries, change this inbound by an outbound delivery. Please, see the customizing steps, how it works and if it is suitable for your requirement. The idea is identify the LR with shipment start or shipment end. This document is related with delivery with table VBFA (where VBTYP_N = '8') and you can transfer this date to invoice in the proper VOFM routine in the copy rules. With customizing you can do the PGI with one of this functions in VT01N or VT02N.

I hope this helps you

Regards

Eduardo

oiver_beie
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Binita,

I would go for a change in the data transfer routine in the copy control settings. The it shoud be possible to change the base line date VBRK-VALDT.

BTW: What do you mean with LR date?

Best regards,

Oliver