cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRC-PC 10.0: Difference between synchronization and asynchronization communication mode in Automated Monitoring ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Could anyone please explain to me the difference between the synchronization and asynchronization communication mode in Technical Settings tab while creating Business Rules in Automated Monitoring of GRC-PC 10.0 ?

It would be great if you could also explain the usage of both of these modes.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Himanshu Shrivastav

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member205878
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Himanshu,

In the ‘Technical Setting’ tab of Business Rule, you can set communication mode as synchronization or asychronization. At runtime, the Business Rule will be executed according its setting.  Once the job step is started on the PC side:

·      Synchronization – One-way communication.  The execution will make a RFC call to the selected connector to perform its task and wait for RFC call to return, then it will continue on the PC server side. In most Sub Scenario, the RFC only collects data on the remote side, apply the Business Rule is carried out on the PC side.

·      Asynchronization – Two-way communication. The execution will make a RFC call to submit a background job on the selected connector to perform its task. And then execution on the PC side is done. Once the background job step on the destination side is done, it will make a RFC call back to PC side to update the job step.

For example, by default, Sub Scenario Configurable is sync; SAP query and BI query BRs have to be sync and Programmed can only be async.

Async uses two-way communication which could have some performance overhead; but if the data volume is too high, you may consider async since the RFC could drop if the network goes down or there is too much traffic on the network.

Regards,

Silky Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Silky,

Thankyou for your response.

So what I seem to understand is that in Sync mode only the data collection is done on the plugin end and the rule application is done on the GRC end whereas in Async both of these things are done on the plugin end.

Also, according to this there is no need of creating a reverse connector from the plugin to the GRC box in case of Sync but is required for Async ??

Thanks & Regards,

Himanshu Shrivastav

former_member205878
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Himanshu,

Yes your understanding is correct.

In case of synchronization mode, reverse connector is not required.

But for Asynchronization , it is required.

Regards,

Silky Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much Silky.

Regards,

Himanshu Shrivastav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Silky,

Thanks. I was also facing the same issue. Today I could solve the issue.

Regards

Solaiappan

Answers (0)