cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Dynpro Error: "class file for com.sap.exception.BaseException not found"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I'm facing a strange problem with my Web Dynpro component. It is using some self-written business logic which itself is using classes of the tc/km/frwk SAP-DC.

First, I faced exceptions which said that none of the package classes of tc/km/frwk were found - though the KM-classes were not directly accessed, but only through business logic DC. The solution for this was to add a SC Dependency of "KMC-CM"  to the WD-containing SC, then adding dependency of tc/km/frwk to my WD-component. So the first errors are gone.

But now it sais that  com.sap.exception.BaseException cannot be found, ALTHOUGH it should be in the same package tc/km/frwk (see http://help.sap.com/javadocs/NW73/SPS01/KMC/com/sap/netweaver/bc/rf/util/exception/BaseException.htm..., end of page).

Error code:

[javac] Compiling 14 source files to C:\workspace73.jdi\5\t\F39DE5167C1A604F7DA65938F763FE7D\classes

[javac] ERROR: C:\workspace73.jdi\5\t\F39DE5167C1A604F7DA....... comp\customerslareportcomp\wdp\IPublicCustomerSlaReportComp.java:27: cannot access com.sap.exception.BaseException

[javac] ERROR: class file for com.sap.exception.BaseException not found

[javac] ERROR:   public static class IContextNode extends DataNode

[javac] ERROR:                 ^

[javac] 1 error

What could be the problem here?

I'd appreciate every help or idea!

Kind regards

Jana

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

SOLVED!

I found another lib package which contains this exception:

tc / cl / exception / lib     (SC: ENGFACADE)

I added this as a dependency to my Web Dynpro DC and the error vanished.

But I couldn't find out why it was abcent in the tc/km/frwk library.

Kind regards

Jana

Answers (0)