cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Returnable Packing Material - Unable to do PGI after Packed - SD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guru,

Although I am not SD consultant I have assigned the task, regarding the Returnable Packaging Material - SD, i have gone through almost each relevant (RTP-SD) thread not only in SCN, but couldn't found the solution, pls guide;

I configure RTP things accordingly after getting help from scn

(refer my previous linked thread for all detail of my Configuration and Master Data Setting- http://scn.sap.com/message/14129229#14129229),

my process goes fine till packing. when packing the material in Delivery Order (VL01n) system show new line item under the main line item of Delivery Order, but the issue is when try to PGI, system revert the error screen (below),

regarding the first error, I go back and enter the plant and Storage location in Return Packing material - 93, system pop new messages (Warning + Error)

Warning:

Material XXX is not defined for Sales from XXXXXXXXX (country)

when pass this message, then

Error:

Material 93 does not exist in plant 2001

Message no. VL411

I tried the material movement through MB11  for the same cycle scenario with movement type 621, 622, 623. system proceed perfect no error or warning message is shown by system.

pls guide you can review full details in my previous logged thread -

http://scn.sap.com/message/14129229#14129229

I have to search to this issue with error but could found any solution, there is one similar problem which provided solution with Tax maintained I try same but no Vain,

pls guide and if you required any further information pls let me know.

Thanks in Adavence:

Shoaib

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

mahendra_jani3
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shoaib,

Just Check below points :

1) Is your Returnable Packaging Material code has been extended in Plant 2001 properly or not?

2) Sales View for Returnable Packaging Material Code is maintained properly or not?

3) For Error 2, Confirm with Your MM consultant, Has he maintained Entry of

Plant  + Material Type  related Qty and Value Update Check Box?

T- Code : OMS2

This will settle your error.

After doing OMS2 update, Again extended material in all necessary views, Including Accounting and Costing.

Regards,

MJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahendra,

thanks for the response, pls see my reply against each your suggestion;

1) Is your Returnable Packaging Material code has been extended in Plant 2001 properly or not?

Extended; see table screen shot below

MARC: Plant Extension

MARD: Plant + SLoc Extension

2) Sales View for Returnable Packaging Material Code is maintained properly or not?

MVKE: Sales View Extension

3) For Error 2, Confirm with Your MM consultant, Has he maintained Entry of

Plant  + Material Type  related Qty and Value Update Check Box?

T- Code : OMS2

OMS2 for LEIH

Boss, I did Transaction through MB1C for upload stock, system didn't shows any error or warning, I also run this same cycle through MB11 for movement 621, 622, 623, not problem everything executed perfect, but through Delivery order (VL01n / VL02n) show warning and error, I thing there is some thing missing in "Delivery Item Category Determination" with Item Category assignment and Main Setting in Delivery Type, I couldn't trace that. bcoz if I try to add same FERT material as second line item in Delivery, I faced issue.

pls guide,

mahendra_jani3
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shoaib,

Actually your error suggests above points that's why I had raised the same.

Your settings says, now You should not be getting Error 2.

I am sure on one point that it is not Item Category determination issue because if it is, then second line Item generation must not have been done.

Delivery Type do not need any specific settings for the same. Other Masters related settings must be clear related to Packaging as you have reached till Line Item Generation.

So almost reasons we have eliminated for it not to be working.

Can you see still if you are getting the same error or is it different?

And if it is different, I will suggest you to create new Material Code and Test the cycle again.

Regards,

MJ.

mahendra_jani3
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shoaib,

One more point, I can not see in Material Maintenance Status, G View which is related to Costing.

Please maintain the same also.

Regards,

MJ.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are not maintaining the Costing View for any material,

regards

Muhammad Shoaib

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Mahendra,

It seem I traced the error but for sure, pls guide;

I went through this thread http://scn.sap.com/thread/2002259, which is stated the same problem (either it is not for RTP, but similar error in VL01n), its talk about to maintained the Tax in Sales View of Material Master material.

But here the question raised from my end w.r.t to material master maintenance with my client, we are not maintaining Tax in MM (Sales View), for any material in either FERT or what ever, due to zero tax or no tax policy - country. so meant no Tax need to maintained, if we on the Tax setting this will lead to updated all the Material Master I am  afraid of. . . . 

After complete work out it seem the implementation partner did some customization in SD to ignore/adjust the Tax determination part during VL01 or PGI for determine the Plant or/and other values.

Valuable in put required.

Regards

Muhammad Shoaib

mahendra_jani3
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Muhammad,

After complete work out it seem the implementation partner did some customization in SD to ignore/adjust the Tax determination part during VL01 or PGI for determine the Plant or/and other values.

With the help of ABAP Person, check User Exit MV50AFZ1 and see if any updates has been done by Implementation Partner there?

As rightly mentioned in that thread, It is SAP standard to update Tax category Field.

Also did you check OVK1, Is there any entries mentioned for your country?

If it is mentioned then How about deleting the same completely? (Just thought for testing)

Regards,

MJ.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mehendra,

thanks for keep response, and make my hopes alive, Boss I did check the TAX setting through OVK1, there is not setting against my my country (client side). now I am try to coordinate ABAP consultant to find the out said thing,

thanks again.

regards

Muhammad shoaib

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Mahendera,

While I am very much close to my solution there are few points to consider and need guidance from your side as well as from other Gurus.

while doing the PGI for FERT with RTP, system move the stock from normal Location to Customer (Bill To) whereas logically it should movement stock to Ship To Partner,  I am sure this can you adjust through Partner Function Determination with refer of Delivery Item Category,

can any give his/her comments on it?????

regards

Muhammad Shoaib

mahendra_jani3
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Muhammad,

Please see below screen shot, it is 601 Movement related Material Document.

Here field Customer is for Special Stock related Partner for Example Consignment or RTP related partner Functions SB if it is created separately then Normal Customer.

Goods Recipient is your SH (Ship to Party).

So from this I believe system is doing it in correct way.

Regards,

MJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahendra,

I totally agreed with movt type 601 one, but I am talk about 621 movt type, let me share simple example;

I have sales order with

Bill To = KFC Head Office

Ship To = KFC Branch-A

so when doing VL01n (delivery) and PGI in terms of 621 movt for RTP, system move stock from normal location (RP01) to Bill To Partner , whereas it should move to Ship To partner stock, it is important while stock reconciliation, that which branch have how much RTP.

I think we can modify this by below

T-Code VOV7

hope you got my point.

regards

Muhammad shoaib

mahendra_jani3
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Muhammad,

I understood your point and after your response I tested the same cycle with Different Ship To party and Different Bill To Party.

1) Stock allocation happens in Delivery Document.

2) Delivery Document does not contain BP as Partner in Delivery Partner Determination Procedure.

3) System can consider SB (Special Stock Partner) for allocation of stock but never Bill to Party.

4) For your scenario, to Track stock at Branches Level, You will create all Branches as your Ship To Party.

Below is the result.

Sales Order Screen with Partner Functions:

Material Movement Document of the Same Sales Order.

Hope it is clear now. You can try Special Stock Partner SB. But stock can not be allocated to BP.

Regards,

MJ.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahendra,

thanks a lot for you help (as well other who tried to help), i added SB function in configure for the my determination procedure, and working but as manual entry, i means;

SB function is not available in SO header Partner Function Tab. (drop down list)

SB function is available in SO Line Item Partner Function Tab. (drop down list), but need to add manual. which is difficult not accepted by client.

i added the SB function to both my customers (Bill To and Ship To)

BILL TO

SHIP TO

SO Partners

SO Header Partner Function

SO Item Partner Function

Pls guide what i am missing to populated this function automatic  as other

regards

Muhammad Shoaib

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahendra,

Again help needed;

everything is executing well, but there is bit issue in Invoice that logged the error

I did modify the VOV7 for the Item Category -TAL, Statistical Value = 'X' (No cumulation - Values cannot be used statistically), but confused with field of same screen Billing Relevance  = ??????

pls guide.

Regards

Muhammad Shoaib

mahendra_jani3
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Muhammad,

Did your issue settled of Item Category?

Billing Relevance : For Item Category TAL , this field must be Blank as you are not charging your customer for Returnable Packaging Item.

Statistical Value : This field also needs to be Blank. Please read F1 Help for the same.

Even though system show it in Log with error message, If you will save the document, It will allow you to save.

Regards,

MJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahendra,

thanks again for the guidance, boss error in remove, but I am stuck with un-usual wish from client they want, TAL (returnable Material) shown in Invoice as well with zero cost even.

I try to check the Copy Control but there is no Item Category = TAL in Copy control with my Document Type of Delivery and Invoice. so I have two option;

either,

add copy control with TAL and configure accordingly

or

take Delivery Line item (TAL) into Invoice Print to display that material, (ABAP required)

pls guide with first option.

regards

Muhammad Shoaib

mahendra_jani3
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Muhammad,

I will say you need to convince Client, for below Points,

- As Returnable Packaging is part of Delivery only so it will be Printed in Delivery Note.

- It does not have any Financial Impact so it should not be printed in Invoice.

- Suggestion is to use Delivery Note as part of proof to confirm to Customer that how many RTP has been sent to him.

- If you still want Item category to be going to Invoice, then copy TAL and create new ZTAL Item category.

- Update Billing relevance section to relevant for Billing.

- Maintain Price with Zero Value.

Also, this thread has gone long and our main point has been resolved.

So I will suggest to open new thread for further issues.

Regards,

MJ

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please check whether the following notes helps you

1. Note 68215 - GI: Error VL604 for special stock
  2. Note 677895 - GI: Error message VL603 (2)
  3. Note 114078 - Automatic creation of stor. locs w. special stock

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SHoaib,

Please make sure that you have the linkage between your Valuation Area (Plant) and the Material Type in the below path:

IMG -- > Logistics General --> Material Master -- > Basic Settings -- > Define Attributes of Material Types.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

thanks for response, Things already done you can review my previous logged thread link to this,

anyhow pls refer to screen shot below,

pls guide

regard

Shoaib