cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Division Wise Credit Control

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus

I have a requirement, client wants to set up credit control as per divisions. I have tried to map it with different sales ares with different credit control areas

But here client has only one credit control area ( Centralized ) & do not want to create multiple credit control areas,

The requirement is, While creating  the sales order, it should block the line item for credit check whose credit limit is exceeding.

While placing the delivery it should not block all the line items as some of them are not exceeding the credit limit.

I have gone through the multiple threads available here, but they all suggest going for multiple credit control areas

Please help me on this issue How it can be achieved?

Regards

Avinash

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

siva_vasireddy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The Best option is to Categorize the Credit Control Areas based on the Division as most Client Follow the same Procedure.

The other Option is to Build your Own Logic by using one of the User Exits.

LVKMPTZZ

LVKMPFZ1: USER_CREDIT_CHECK1

LVKMPFZ2: USER_CREDIT_CHECK2

LVKMPFZ3: USER_CREDIT_CHECK3

kalyan_mokirala
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Avinash,

I think it is possible by having multiple payers at order item level. I never came across this scenario but you can try. To explain in detail if you have 2 divisions create 2 payers;

1. Payer 1 for the division 01 and payer 2 for the division 02.

2. Now maintain 2 credit masters based on the payer and credit control area.

3. Maintain different payers at item level (Payer 1 for line 1 and payer 2 for line 2).

Now test for different scenarios.

Make the line item1 to exceed credit limit and line item 2 with in the credit limit and check the feasibility of the delivery creation.

Credit evaluation will happen normally at the item level along with header level check (item category check credit field; If you have 2 different item categories in the order for 2 lines one with check credit activated and blank for other item category then credit check has to happen only for one line).

Please check if this helps.

former_member209761
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Avinash,

The requirement is, While creating  the sales order, it should block the line item for credit check whose credit limit is exceeding.

While placing the delivery it should not block all the line items as some of them are not exceeding the credit limit.

What i understand is you want system to check the credit limit Item wise and block those items which exceeds the credit limit. If this is the requirement, i fear it is not possible in standard as credit check is done for Sales Order and not for individual items. Also there is not setting to maintain the credit limit for item.

If my understanding of your requirement is correct, then you may need to have a Ztable to maintain the material and its corresponding credit limit allowed + customer code.

You will have to use exits available (by keeping the credit check configurations alive) to check for item in the sales order with the Ztable value depending on the customer.

If the item's amount is exceeded, then you may have to write code to automatically trigger delivery block for those line items alone while saving the sales order.

Please explain your requirement in a bit more detail.

Also why business is not allowing for multiple credit control area? is there any valid reason for that?

Thanks & Regards,

Hegal K Charles

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Avinash,

In short you have two options. The first is to push back on the client and explain to them the limitations of SAP and perhaps take them in a different direction. The second is to go the custom route proposed by Hegal. I think that Hegal lays out a good custom alternative that can be estimated as a High level of difficulty customization. As with most custom code it may require updates and fixes far past the original implementation, this should be included as part of the decision on whether or not to go this route.

IMO the role of the consultant is to guide the client away from customization like this if at all possible. The best you can do is present both a standard and custom process and explain the pro/cons including cost. If at the end of day if they decide to go custom, that is their decision, but make sure they understand what they are getting into.