cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

multiple RFC call in one PI meassage

0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Mine sender is  SAP Rfc and Receiver is file.

where 5 RFC/Bapi call triggers at a time and need to collect all the data in one message in PI then 1 file need to create on target.

for this what is the approach. how many program IDs need to create and RFC destinations? is there any way to built this with out using BPM?

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

ambrish_mishra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Robin,

Program id is just needed to trigger an RFC of Type T. It does not have one to one relationship to the RFC. So you can reuse it across the RFCs. For merging you have file append option. But you have the make sure that the background job runs and completes 5 RFC calls and then the file (appended with data from 5 RFCs) is picked up by the target.

Hope it helps!

Ambrish

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Robin,

You can look over  two more options (without ccbpm):

1. To use SO commands.

You generate five files and in the Define Operating System Commands section in receiver file configuration mergue the files that have some pattern in common for example the same name and different extension . Check this http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/en/44/556cb799c93677e10000000a114a6b/frameset.htm

2. One RFC to call.

I think the easiest way to solve this problem is dealing in the ECC side. Creating a Z table that contains the value of the five RFC/BAPIs  (these one don't call PI only store value in the table). Later, a job in the ECC, checks that all vaules are stored and if it is ok calls PI with the RFC.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As said already if you want to generate a single file and then all you can do is to use append mode in the receiver channel during file creation.

For this you can configure a single sender RFC channel with a single progID and configure a RFC destination at sender side and use the same across all RFC's

HTH

Rajesh

0 Kudos

Thanks Rajesh

are you sure that we can handle multiple rfc's with a single program ID in my case?

I gone through some other blogs, it mentioned that we cannot with single program ID. can you pls confirm on this.

I want the process like what exactly need to be done in ECC and PI.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

All you need in ECC is Creation of RFC destination having progId and reuse this rfc destination across all your BAPI's This is best approach of resource optimization...

In PI you need a single sender CC and there you can set Maximum no of connections for the RFC call (don't remember the exact option..but you can set connection no...)

HTH

Rajesh

allamudi_loordh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Murali,

If you are using common file ..just append the data which is coming from SAP ..

otherwise need to go with ccbpm only.

Regards,

Loordh

0 Kudos

thanks for reply,

I can append the data in file, but I just want to know is what thing need to be done for handling all 5 Rrfcs at a time from sender ECC.

allamudi_loordh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Robin,

Just check with ABAP team to put some back groud job to run.

Regards,

Loordh