Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NetWeaver 7.3 / 7.4 vs. NetWeaver Cloud

steffen_spahr2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

we are using the NW 7.3 as a server for our java-based web-applications and for running the SAP Enterprise Portal.

Comparing the Netweaver 7.3 with the new SAP NW Cloud-Server, the SAP Cloud Server feels much more lightweight, if I develop java applications. Starting / Stopping of the server is much faster, deployment is faster and it supports the EE6 Web-Profile (not only EE5 as the NW 7.3 / 7.4).

So I asked myself, what are the reasons for still using the NW 7.3?

Isn't it possible to switch with all the java-based applications from NW 7.3 to NW Cloud?

Ok, the SAP Enterprise Portal only runs under NW 7.3 ? Or is the are comparible version that runs under NW Cloud?

Are there other features that are not supported under NW Cloud which are supported under NW 7.3?

Has anyone tried to switch from NW 7.3 to NetWaever Cloud with his java applications?

Regards

Steffen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Benny
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Steffen,

Standard SAP fucntionality written in Java like the portal, BPM and PI cannot be ported to the Cloud easily. But you will find out that there is a HANA Cloud Portal also.

Any software you have written yourself and kept with Java EE standard should be portable to the cloud.

Regards,

Benny

SAP AG

Answers (0)