cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to publish VI Lumira to BO Explorer 4.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are running VI Lumira 1.0.11 (build 708) and SAP BI 4.0 SP4 Patch 6 (Explorer too). What version does BO Explorer have to be to publish?

Thanks!

-Phil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Phillip,

I am working on Visual Intelligence 1.0.7.532 version. I am able to save the view to BI platform of 4.0 sp5. So I don't think so that your problem is because of compatibility issue.

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

hi

I can confirm: the later VI/Lumira builds do have specific interoperability fixes that require upgraded server components.

Regards,

H

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

0 Kudos

Hello All

I am unable to publish explorer data set to user inbox as option when selecting the explorer report is not to be seen in publication.It only shows webi reports.

Thanks in advance

Thanks and Regards

Karthik Kumar C V

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Karthic, this being a post from 2013, I'd highly recommend creating a new post. The differences in Lumira between 2013 and ow are astronomical thus what ever issue was then does not apply now - more than likely.

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow me on Twitter

florencialimongi
Participant
0 Kudos

I hjope this helps you: We're using SAP Explorer 4.0 SP4 and it's working ok.

Kind regards,

Florencia

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was getting a similar error and I am on BI4.0SP6 and Lumira 1.0.11 which should be compatible. In my case the reason was the firewall on the BI Server. I added a rule to cover java.exe under the Explorer installation directory and that seemed to work.

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

According to the help guide, You can publish a dataset to SAP Explorer 4.0 SP4 or higher.

Regards,

H

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Henry,

We are getting this error message:

"An error occurred: Not possible to publish. The version of Explorer is not valid. An exception occurred while retrieving Explorer version."

Any idea?

Thanks,

Phil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Henry,

Just learned the the minimum BI 4.0 Service Pack 4 *also* needs to have Patch 7 applied. We are on Patch 6 which the issue.

Thanks,

Phil