Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PS-SD Billing

hussain_multhazim
Participant
0 Kudos

Hey SAP experts 

I have some questions on SD-PS billing integration process. I’m new to PS Billing and I have not done any SD billing related to PS.

1. What is the basic process on PS billing ? What options  do we have ?
  2. When we create an order and link with WBS element what material do we enter in the
    sale order ? Is it a must to have a material in the sales order ? For e.g If we
    are building a Turbine through a project do we have to create a material called
    “Turbine” too ?
  3. In the PS milestone there is a field invoice %, from where does the invoice value get referred ?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is the basic process on PS billing ? What options  do we have ?

Generally in PS based on the type of project you are creating the Billing would happen. for example if you are creating an investment project then there would be no billing

In case of customer project, you have to bill the total cost incurred for the project to the customer. so you will create the sales order with the customer and assign the WBS element or whole project definition depending on your scenario

at the time of Billing, you can use DP91 to bill the customer either referring WBS or project definition

DP91 will be created based on the resources such as Material and Internal /external activity

for this you have to use ODP1 settings and assign them to Item category in VOV7

When we create an order and link with WBS element what material do we enter in the

sale order ? Is it a must to have a material in the sales order ? For e.g If we

are building a Turbine through a project do we have to create a material called

“Turbine” too ?

If you take Turbine as your project, you will create one material representing whole turbine. it would be a BOM or equipment with several materials assigned to it. We have to create a material to represent the Whole project if it is a customer material

In the PS milestone there is a field invoice %, from where does the invoice value get referred ?

Milestone can be interpreted as certain activity to be completed on certain point of time. Once that activity is accomplished you can bill the customer for that particular activity

For example if you are constructing a Turbine for your customer, in the milestone you will mention in such a way that once the Design of Turbine finishes you will bill 20% so once that activity is done you will bill only 20% of the project to the customer

Milestones can be

Design

Engineering

procurement

Installation and etc

thanks

santosh

hussain_multhazim
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you very much for your quick reply. I have got a basic idea about the process now.

Now I have a requirement where the business wants to do billing every month depending on how much work done.

for e.g

in a 50KM road project they will calculate how much work done end of each month and the payment will be done according to that. If the project is 24 months, every month there will be a payment from the customer. How to achieve this billing from PS-SD.

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

I think,you can easily achieve this in standard SAP  by Periodic Billing .Check below screen shot .

and maintain according to some settings like Billing Rule , Date Category and Date description .

If you have any doubts please let me know .

Thanks,

Dead Man

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As suggested by other member, you can go with Periodic billing

assign the Periodic Billing plan at the item category level which will give you Billing date at the time of processing sales order

thanks

santosh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member210342
Participant
0 Kudos

also with these helpful replies..

I want to add this only:

normal billing cycle also there.

assign material below activity( for creating reservation)--> put delivery information--> run cns0 to create outbound delivery-->vl02n to PGI-->than billing.

another process:

periodic billing