cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JRE 7.25 incompatible with PI Tools

0 Kudos

Hi.

After deploying SP07 patches for messaging, af, esr, guilib and tools components in a PI 7.31 double-stack landscape, I verified some system functions.

Java asked to be updated to version 7u25.

When I tried to run Enterprise Services Builder and Integration Builder from the tools directory en error showed up with the following message: LAZY_CLASSLOADING_FAILED  CHECK_LOG.

I think new JRE version 7u25 is incompatible with ESB and IB, but it may be also that tools delivered in SP07 have some issue.

After downgrading Java to JRE 7u21, ESB and IB executed correctly.

Feel free to post feedback if anyone of you have more information about this.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was able to launch both programs after configuring java to show the consol.  In WinXP go to contol pannel->Java->"Advanced" tab->check "Show console" under the Java console section. Win7 is control pannel->programs->java->...etc...

If you close the console before the program finishes launching, the program will not open.  However, it appears the program will function normally if you close the console window after the program has completed launching.  You may also keep the console open if you prefer. Going back into Java settings and reconfiguring to "hide console" will break the program again, even after a successful launch with the console enabled.  I have confirmed this to work in both XP and Win7.

We're running PI 7.3 SP8

-Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Peter and Naas,

I just tried it on a secondary machine (installed the 1.7.0_25 JDK including the updated Applet-/WebStart-Plugin, which contains an own JRE instance) and can confirm: Showing the Java Console really does help on OS X, too.

Though I really can't understand, why on earth the visibility of the console can affect the application behavior, this solution enables me to install the latest Java Fixes and still use SAP webstart Apps.

tomas_wiedermann
Explorer
0 Kudos

Tested on Windows 7 x64 with 1.7.0_25 JDK x64 and its working.

Thanks! 

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

naas_duplessis2
Participant

A temporary work-around is to have the java Console running in the foreground.

To disable java auto updates you have to run the java control panel with Administrator Access.  In Windows 7 go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7\bin and right click on javacpl.exe.  Select 'Run as Administrator', go to Update Tab and uncheck the updates check.  Apply the change.

Hope this helps.

monika_eggers
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I have the same problem, 7u25 won't start the Enterprise Service Builder on a PI 7.31 system and gets the LAZY_CLASSLOADING_FAILED  CHECK_LOG error. The suggested solution with the Java console worked fine, thank you very much! (And it is indeed very weird that this works.)

The other solution with the unchecking did not work, it was not possible to uncheck - I guess this is only available when one has more than one Java version installed?

Interestingly, 7u25 works fine with XI 7.0 (without any Java console hacks).

monika_eggers
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Ah, there's a note now: 1883576 https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1883576

But basically it recommends to use another release until Oracle fixes the bug:

"Bug on the Oracle side - see JDK-8017776 : Swing Event Thread does not use JNLP class loader"

which Oracle promised to do in 7u40.

0 Kudos

I installed Java 1.7.0_40 and confirm that this version is working again with PI 7.31.

monika_eggers
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Another note / knowledge base article has been created: 1911069. It suggests:

Launch the PI Integration Builder tools direct from the command prompt (not
directly from the links on the PI start page)

For Repository

1. Go to Start -> Run -> cmd
  2. C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\javaws
    http://<PIserver>:<PIport>/rep/start/sso/repository.jnlp (This is an
    example. Enter the path to the java directory on your pc here)

For Directory

1. Go to Start -> Run -> cmd
  2. C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\javaws
    http://<PIserver>:<PIport>/dir/start/sso/directory.jnlp
former_member183909
Active Participant
0 Kudos

thanks Monika !.  That worked for me (single stack PI7.31) - I have Java 1.7.0_25.   Also see this SAP support note (related to 1911069).  I will try this once my desktop is updated with latest version of JAVA - according to this below it should launch straight from PI tools webpage.  We'll see.

Supportability of Java 1.7 with PI Integration Builder client tools 

According to SAP note: 1792095 - Supportability of Java 1.7 with PI Integration Builder client tools 

The Java Development Kit (JDK) 1.7 is now supported, on client PC's, used to launch the PI Integration Builder tools e.g. the Enterrpise Services Repository (ESR) and Integration Builder Directory.

• Both the 32-bit version and he 64-bit version are now supported.
  • If you have a 32-bit OS it is recommended to use the 32-bit Java version
  • If you have a 64-bit OS it is recommended to use the 64-bit Java version

***There are currently known issues with the Java 1.7.0_21 and 1.7.0_25 versions. It is recommended to avoid using these versions if possible.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had the same problem, but after confirming the error message and restarting the ESB or IB both programms worked like before. That's on Mac OSX Mountain Lion 10.8.4.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can confirm that the Enterprise Service Builder (WebStart Swing Client) ceases to work after updating to JRE 7u25 -- in my case experienced on Mac OS X. An error dialog pops up that's only showing paceholder constants such as LAZY_CLASSLOADING_FAILED, CHECK_LOG or CLOSE_BUTTON.

I had to delete the JavaAppletPlugin and reinstall JRE 7u21 to get it back to work.

(We are using PI 7.31.)

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Same thing also happened to me with PI 7.11. It was enough to disable the new version in Control Panel -> Java -> "Java" tab page -> "View" button -> unmarked the "Enable" checkbox. It should also be possible to configure using the old version for PI and the new one for other apps, but this requires digging deeper into OS config.

Regards,

Greg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Immo,

The same issue was happening to me with PI 7.31, I had to unistall the Java SE 7 up. 25 and install the old version Java SE7 up. 21 then it works fine again.

Below the link to download the java 7_21 old version:

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/java-archive-downloads-javase7-521261.html#j...

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/java-archive-downloads-javase7-521261.html#j...

Thanks all...

Regards,

Halsen

fanglin_ye
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

it works, thx.

Regards,

Fanglin

0 Kudos

I confirm that i have the same problem on PI 7.31 after upgrading to JRE version 7 update 25.