cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import error - Value for business system is missing. Enter a business system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to figure out where I am going wrong with an attempted import template in SAP Sourcing (Wave 9, SP06).  I want to import data into a large amount of Projects.  The purpose is to update the Internal Categories on existing Projects.  When I run the import I get an error that states "Value for business system is missing. Enter a business system."  I have attached screenshots of my import file and the error file.

Does anyone know what I need to do to make this import work?  If I need to "Enter a business system" where do I put that?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Nicholas ,

The error states the Business system of the product Category is missing. Open that particular product category and enter the Business system external Id which shall be present below the ID of product Category in the import template under Business System column.

hope it solves.

Thanks

Uday

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am working on Sourcing 9.0.8 (NOT upgraded from 7) and I am facing same issue. Trying to upload projects the system returns the following error:

"# Record 1. Warning: An error was encountered in column INTERNAL_CAT which had the value 000I: Value for business system is missing. Enter a business system."

All product categories are replicated and with Business System indicated in product category record.

I have tried adding BUSINESS_SYSTEM in the import file but it has not worked.

Any other options to solve this issue?

Thank you in advance.

Marc R.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again,

SAP told me that the import file should include INTERNAL_CAT.BUSINESS_SYSTEM rather than BUSINESS_SYSTEM. I tryed with Sourcing 9.0.08 and it worked.

Regards,

Marc

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was told that this is a bug in v9 and that it will be fixed in SP11.  I was up against a deadline to get about 300 projects updated so I ended up doing it manually.  We are currently on SP9 so I won't be able to verify the fix until we upgrade.  I will post on here once we are upgraded and I have tested the fix.

Thanks again to everyone who has been involved in this thread!

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

After sourcing 9, the integrated master data is uploaded a little differently

in addition to internal categories column please add INTERNAL_CAT.BUSINESS_SYSTEM column in the work-book to inform the business system of that mat cat. let me know if that helped you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Luis,

I am having your same issue with payment terms and Company codes (XML File)

can you tell me how did you solve the issue?

Thanks and Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Martha,

When you are running the extraction report in ERP make sure you pick version2 from the dropdown on the selection screen. If you dont see this Option, then you will need to apply some notes in the ERP system to support this version..

Regards

Prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks, it works

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We had the same issue with payment terms migration (XML file).

Our version is the 9th and this is not an upgrade project.

Besides this attribute the result is the same for other attributes with XML files.

Is there any solution for this problem?

Regards

Luis Palmeiro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nicholas

As of Version 9 Internal Categories have to be stored per Business System. Typically if the Internal category is replicated from the ERP Backend system, then the Logical system ID of the ERP system has to be maintained

If the Internal Category is maintained Locally within Sourcing, then the Business System would be "SOURCING" by default

To verify go to Setup->Master Data->Product Category, open the category that is shown in error log. Note down the Business System stored for it.

Now update the import template for Projects and add a new column "BUSINESS_SYSTEM" and set the value to the Business System maintained on Product Category.

This will solve the issue and allow import of category successfully

Regards,

Balaji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you to both Uday and Balaji.

I tried your suggestion and I am getting the same results.  I verified that the external ID of my business system is SOURCING.  I added a column BUSINESS_SYSTEM and populated with SOURCING.

You were suggesting just adding a column to the template, correct?  Or is there some sort of re-configuration of the template I need to do first?

When I preview the import it tells me BUSINESS_SYSTEM is an unrecognized column...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nicholas.

Can you please send the screenshot of the new load file. We can check if it is as per the requirement

Regards,

Balaji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you have upgraded from v7 to v9 then you need to convert the Product Categories to be assigned to the Business System.

To do that create an Excel File with the following headers:

CATEGORY_ID

CONVERT_TO_REPLICATED

BUSINESS_SYSTEM

Complete the CATEGORY_ID and BUSINESS_SYSTEM, set CONVERT_TO_REPLICATED to TRUE and import the file.

This should convert the product categories to "replicated" ones and assign the correct Business System.

/Anita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your response, Anita.

I did what you tried but it did not work unfortunately.  However, you are correct, we did upgrade from v7 to v9.  Our product categories are not replicated though, and use the local business system (SOURCING).

The funny thing is I can do an import of a Master Agreement and put SOURCING in for the business system and it allows me to update the product category with no issues.  So I'm thinking it is something to do with Project documents.  For some reason it just doesn't want to recognize the business system.

Any other ideas come to mind? 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nicholas,

I have tried this in my upgraded system and if I chose a local Prod Cat it accepts it. Projects are documents held within Sourcing only, so they are not integrated.

If you select the product category on the project, the default query has been changed to "Only Show Replicated" and a business system, what happens if you select the business system "Sourcing" and untick "Only Show Replicated"? That worked fine for me.

/Anita

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Nicholas,

Once you upgraded from Sourcing 7 to Sourcing 9 , Have you imported the upgrade workbook, check the upgrade work book if it has any clues for product categories sheet.

Some of the column names were Logical_Sytem or Business_System . Can you try now with Logical_System and check if it helps or recognises business system that way.

Thanks

Uday