0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have 2 WebI Reports based on BEx queries

Query 1 - Dimension1 , DImension2,Dimension3,Measure 1 and Measure 2

Query 2  - Dimension2,Dimension3,Dimension4,Measure 3 and Measure 4

My requirement is to make a third WebI Report

with the following fields

Dimension1,2,3,4 and Measure 1,2,3and 4

I made a Merged Dimension on Dimension2 and 3.

When I create the third query I am able to bring all the measures in the report

but when I try to bring Dimension4 from Query2 it tells that it is not compatible.

What should be the best way to handle this or steps to overcome the above issue.?

Thanks in advance.

Surya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member189638
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try creating a variable with Qualification as Detail. In teh Formula Select Dimension4 and for Associated Dimension, select Dimension2.

Now drag the Detailed variable into your Report.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Surya,

In order to use Un merged dimensions in a report block which had merged dimensions the technique is creating details objects which should qualify the corresponding merged dimensions. so you can follow that rakesh said or try below.

steps:

1. create details objects for dim 1 as dim1_detail and dim4_detail for dim4 respectively

2. Associate the details objects to merged dimension as

For dim1_detail is associated to DIM 2

For dim4_detail is associated either to DIM 2 or DIM 3.

3. Instead of DIms use detail objects in the report.

Thanks,

Suresh Babu Aluri.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thanks for all your inputs.

I did the same and made Variables as Detail.

But now I get Error as "#Multivalue"

Tried a few options by changing the Associated Dimension but still getting the same issue.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Surya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Surya,

"Avoid Duplicate row aggregation" in display properties at block level, would help avoid #multivalue in such scenarios, but you can use it provided you don't have requirement of rolling up similar rows in the same block.

Thanks

Mallik

former_member189638
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you getting this #MULTIVALUE in the entire column or only for few values?? Is it because for 1 Dim1 value, you have more than 1 Dim4 values? If these are the same values then you can try using the MAX([DIM4]) function.

former_member188911
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You may need to use calculation contexts, check the Using Functions Formulas and Calculations in the support portal http://help.sap.com/boall_en

thanks

Simone

Former Member
0 Kudos

Merge on Dimension4 from query 2 and with Dimension4 from query 3 to make dimension 4 of query 2 to compatible with query 3. then you can pull merged dimension of Dimension4 object into third report block along with measures

Thanks

Mallik