cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xacute Logic Editor Not Launching

former_member67937
Participant
0 Kudos

We're using MII 11.5, and I cleared out my Java cache from my PC, and now the Logic Editor will not open.  It downloads the file, but nothing else happens.  How can I fix this, so I can use Xacute from my PC without having to run it via RDP on the server?

Thanks,

Todd

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Todd,

What version of Java are you running on?  If I remember correctly, it needs an older version (1.4?) to run locally.  You could probably verify that with the RDP to the server as to what it is loaded with.

Regards, Mike

former_member67937
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Michael,

On my PC, I have 1.6.0_35, and on the server is 1.4.2_13.  Xacute used to launch just fine on my PC until I cleared the cache, but now it does not open.  It works fine if I'm on the server running it from the server.  It's more convenient if I can run it from my PC.

Thanks,

Todd

0 Kudos

Hi Todd,

May want to reinstall 1.4.2 on your PC and set the Path(?) for MII to point to that version of Java.  You may also want to do a search here on 11.5 and Java to see if there is a different solution.  I will point a more knowledgeable person to this issue to see if they have a better suggestion.

Regards, Mike

0 Kudos

Hi Todd,

My favorite knowledgeable resource pointed out that 11.5 "... is out of std maintenance for almost 4yrs now"  and suggested that perhaps an upgrade was in order.

But he also suggested "

My guess is that there’s a permissions issue with downloading the JARs to the cache repository…tell him to disable caching completely and try it again.  Doesn’t have to leave it this way but it will identify a cache directory issue."

If that doesn't work, I would search through the MII discussions as this topic has come up before.  Go back several years, maybe as many as 4-5 to see some of the discussions.

Regards, Mike