Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forecast consumption in SNP with strategy 10

nitin_thatte
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I want to know whether the backward and forward consumption works with Strategy 10 also.

If we read help for backward and forward consumption in product master, it only talks about consumption of forecast by sales orders and distribution demands which are not relevant for strategy 10. 

Thanks in advance.

Nitin Thatte

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

No it does not.  Strategy 10 basically ignores sales orders so why would it use backward/forward values for forecast consumption?

nitin_thatte
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Ken,

I agree that sale order will not consume forecast in strategy 10.

The question is ....

Suppose the forecast is 100, and 100 on 20th June and 21st June.

On 20 June a sale of 120 is posted. (Goods Issue is posted) while the forecast for the day is only 100.  Will this goods issue consume remaining 20 from forecast of 21 June if forward consumption is maintained ?

Thanks once again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nitin,

My theory/memory knowledge and little bit of testing... in long past.

Goods Issue is not the basis of consumption of sales orders against PIR's in strategy 10. The consumption happens based on sales order requirement date on a FIFO basis in strategy 10.. IF YOU WANT IT SUCH (standard). The PIR reduction happens when PGI happens for the sales order.... well  even I get confused writing this ..... !

Here is what I have in my crumpled notes from help.com.Take it as some sort of postulates but please proof read from help.sap.com. I tried to translate a confusing text into some layman's language but I may be partially wrong....as its been several years. .

Standard behavior

-Control parameters for PIR's (planned independent reqs)_ whether created in ECC or in APO is ALWAYS determined in APO if planning is happening in APO.

-The Req strategy in APO controls the consumption relevant parameters for PIR.s

-Only one consumption type is possible for each requirement strategy.

-The assignment mode of check mode and assignment mode of proposed strategy should always be same in APO, IF consumption needs to happen !!

-In Strategy 10, PIR's are reduced by sales orders as per FIFO rule (except in production by lot size-ECC30).

Additional Info.... you didn't ask but just for future googlers.

-In strategy 20*, PIR's are reduced when GI for Production Orders are posted.

-PIR's are NOT reduced by sales orders as per FIFO rule in strategy 20. Delivery reduces SO and then PIR's