cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with MINISAP Installation on XP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a problem with the installation of minisap on xp.

First a short question: Can I install the minisap on xp home edition or would I need the xp prof edition?

The installation got an error with the information that services failed to start and that an error occured and the product installation failed.

What can I do?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

<i>First a short question: Can I install the minisap on

xp home edition or would I need the xp prof edition?</i>

Here in the SDN are some other threads where they installed it on a xp home machine. So I think this shouldn't be a problem.

<i>The installation got an error with the information

that services failed to start</i>

Check the EventLog of windows to find out the failed service. Then try to start it manually.

Also please verify that you (your user account) have administrator rights.

Regards,

Norman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Norman,

thanks for your answer.

I think it should be possible to install minisap on xp home, too.

The eventlog got three errors:

1st:

The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( SAPNSP_00 ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: Cannot open Registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESoftwareSAPNSPEnvironment (Error 2 ENOENT*: No such file or directory OR: The system cannot find the file specified. ) .

2nd:The time provider NtpClient is configured to acquire time from one or more time sources, however none of the sources are currently accessible. No attempt to contact a source will be made for 479 minutes. NtpClient has no source of accurate time.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.as

and 3rd:

The SAPNSP_00 service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 1 time(s).

and one warning message:

The description for Event ID ( 19406 ) in Source ( SAPDB:Nsp ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: SAPDB - Nsp; :

- WARNING TID: 0x464 PID: 0x3C8 MsgID: 19406

; SERVERDB is being stopped in ONLINE state.

I don´t know what I can do. Can you help me with this messages?

Thanks

Nicole

Former Member
0 Kudos

The installation of the SAP system failed, there seems to be some files missing.

I've didn't installed a MiniSAP yet so I don't know the installation process exactly. But normally sapinst creates a temp-folder under e.g. <i>c:\programme\instdir</i> with the log files of the installation. You can check the latest logs to find out what went wrong during the installation.

Also please verify that you have enough free space on your hard-disk and that your user account has administrator rights.

By the way, where did you download the MiniSAP files ?

Regards,

Norman

Former Member
0 Kudos

I downloaded this file here on this site.

I looked on the log-file from nsp, because the error message at the end of the installation means, that I should look up in this log.

the log:

(Mar 1, 2007 8:47:18 AM), Install, com.sap.installshield.CheckServicesAction, err, CheckServicesAction(bean17): Expected service (SAPNSP_00) is not currently running

(Mar 1, 2007 8:47:18 AM), Install, com.sap.installshield.CheckServicesAction, err, An error occurred and product installation failed. Look at the log file C:\SAP\NSP\log.txt for details.

(Mar 1, 2007 8:47:18 AM), Install, com.sap.installshield.CheckServicesAction, err, ProductException: (error code = 601; message="Services failed to start (see the log for details)")

STACK_TRACE: 12

ProductException: (error code = 601; message="Services failed to start (see the log for details)")

at com.sap.installshield.CheckServicesAction.install(CheckServicesAction.java:91)

at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl.installProductAction(Unknown Source)

at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl$InstallProduct.getResultForProductAction(Unknown Source)

at com.installshield.product.service.product.InstallableObjectVisitor.visitComponent(Unknown Source)

at com.installshield.product.service.product.InstallableObjectVisitor.visitInstallableComponents(Unknown Source)

at com.installshield.product.service.product.InstallableObjectVisitor.visitProductBeans(Unknown Source)

at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl$InstallProduct.install(Unknown Source)

at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl$Installer.execute(Unknown Source)

at com.installshield.wizard.service.AsynchronousOperation.run(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

(Mar 1, 2007 8:52:21 AM), Install, com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl$InstallProduct, err, An error occurred and product uninstallation failed. Look at the log file C:\SAP\NSP\log.txt for details.

(Mar 1, 2007 8:52:21 AM), Install, com.sap.installshield.sdcstepswrapper.StepWrapperInstallFiles, err, ProductException: (error code = 200; message="Java error"; exception = [java.lang.Exception])

STACK_TRACE: 15

ProductException: (error code = 200; message="Java error"; exception = [java.lang.Exception])

at com.sap.installshield.sdcstepswrapper.StepWrapperInstallFiles.execute(StepWrapperInstallFiles.java:254)

at com.sap.installshield.sdcstepswrapper.StepWrapperInstallFiles.executeAllSteps(StepWrapperInstallFiles.java:224)

at com.sap.installshield.sdcstepswrapper.StepWrapperInstallFiles.executeAllUninstallationSteps(StepWrapperInstallFiles.java:192)

at com.sap.installshield.sdcstepswrapper.StepWrapperInstallFiles.uninstall(StepWrapperInstallFiles.java:313)

at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl.uninstallProductAction(Unknown Source)

at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl$InstallProduct.processActionsFailed(Unknown Source)

at com.installshield.product.service.product.InstallableObjectVisitor.visitComponent(Unknown Source)

at com.installshield.product.service.product.InstallableObjectVisitor.visitInstallableComponents(Unknown Source)

at com.installshield.product.service.product.InstallableObjectVisitor.visitProductBeans(Unknown Source)

at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl$InstallProduct.install(Unknown Source)

at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl$Installer.execute(Unknown Source)

(Mar 5, 2007 10:16:23 PM), Install, com.sap.installshield.CheckServicesAction, err, CheckServicesAction(bean17): Expected service (SAPNSP_00) is not currently running

(Mar 5, 2007 10:16:23 PM), Install, com.sap.installshield.CheckServicesAction, err, An error occurred and product installation failed. Look at the log file C:\SAP\NSP\log.txt for details.

(Mar 5, 2007 10:16:23 PM), Install, com.sap.installshield.CheckServicesAction, err, ProductException: (error code = 601; message="Services failed to start (see the log for details)")

STACK_TRACE: 12

ProductException: (error code = 601; message="Services failed to start (see the log for details)")

at com.sap.installshield.CheckServicesAction.install(CheckServicesAction.java:91)

at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl.installProductAction(Unknown Source)

at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl$InstallProduct.getResultForProductAction(Unknown Source)

(Mar 5, 2007 10:21:26 PM), Install, com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl$InstallProduct, err, An error occurred and product uninstallation failed. Look at the log file C:\SAP\NSP\log.txt for details.

(Mar 5, 2007 10:21:26 PM), Install, com.sap.installshield.sdcstepswrapper.StepWrapperInstallFiles, err, ProductException: (error code = 200; message="Java error"; exception = [java.lang.Exception])

STACK_TRACE: 15

ProductException: (error code = 200; message="Java error"; exception = [java.lang.Exception])

at com.sap.installshield.sdcstepswrapper.StepWrapperInstallFiles.execute(StepWrapperInstallFiles.java:254)

at com.sap.installshield.sdcstepswrapper.StepWrapperInstallFiles.executeAllSteps(StepWrapperInstallFiles.java:224)

at com.sap.installshield.sdcstepswrapper.StepWrapperInstallFiles.executeAllUninstallationSteps(StepWrapperInstallFiles.java:192)

at com.sap.installshield.sdcstepswrapper.StepWrapperInstallFiles.uninstall(StepWrapperInstallFiles.java:313)

at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl.uninstallProductAction(Unknown Source)

at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl$InstallProduct.processActionsFailed(Unknown Source)

The partition has enough space and my account is the administrator.

As the next step I will check the log that you say and you will hear from my tomorrow.

Thank you.

Nicole

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here someone had the same problem -->

As a requirement they all have Windows XP Professional (Service Pack 1). Do you have the Service Pack installed ?

Message was edited by:

Norman Schröder

Former Member
0 Kudos

good morning,

yes I downloaded the version Full ABAP Edition-Trial (with Web Dynpro for ABAP!)

from this link.

I tried it again yesterday, but got the same error.

I don´t know why. I can´t understand this. I tried to install on C:SAP or on C:sapathome. But nothing changed.

Every time I have to install my complete xp system new.

Do you have any further ideas?

Regards

Nicole

Message was edited by:

Yes I installed the windows xp home edition with sp1

Nicole Gerlach

Former Member
0 Kudos

<i>Yes I installed the windows xp home edition with sp1</i>

For the ABAP-Trail Service Pack <b>2</b>,at least 1GB RAM and 1.1GHz are required --> <a href="https://www.sdn.sap.comhttp://www.sdn.sap.comhttp://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/eea83e34-0801-0010-46a2-e830cb0d496f">Installation Guide Page 5</a>

Also please make sure that a maybe installed antivirus- or firewall-program is completely stopped while installing. Sometimes it can cause some strange errors.

Greetings,

Norman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Norman,

do you know where I can downloaded a older version of minisap?

And no virenscanner or firewall is running on the pc.

regards

Nicole

Former Member
0 Kudos

<i>do you know where I can downloaded a older version of minisap?

</i>

No sorry, I don't know.

But you can try to ask here in the of the SDN.

Regards,

Norman

Answers (0)