Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LT12 - not possible to run zero stock check

gunnar_humpert
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear SAP gurus,

I want to run a zero stock check for transfer order, when I'm confirming the transfer order with LT12. My problem is that I can't select zero stock check from the Goto menu. The option is not active.

The zero stock check is activated for the storage type (TC OMNK).

I tried with other transactions like LT11, but I have to use LT12, since the transfer order item is for a subsystem.

Can you tell me, why I can't choose the zero stock option?

Thanks

Best regards,

Gunnar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gunnar ,

Kindly refer screen shot as below and please confirm if that satisfys your requirement.

Config flagged for Zerockin.

Same destination bin is used , in both occassion system prompts zero stock check.

Kindly  try same and let me know.

Thanks

Jinoy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check whether the 'zero' stock check' is activated in below paths also,

IMG-> LE-> WM-> Master data-> Define storage type, check under stock removal control

IMG-> LE-> WM-> Activities-> Confirmation-> storage type.

Ideally if you tick in one place, by default it will be activated in other places as well. But just to make sure whether it is updated correctly or not,  cross check again.

If you wanted to know the complete details about zero stock check, refer my document 'zero stock check in warehouse'

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-5873

Regards

Vijay

gunnar_humpert
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

thanks for your answer

I've checked the customizing. The zero stock check is set up in the right way.

Our problem is that the empty bin check indicator is not set, if you have more than 1 transfer order for the same bin. Please also read my answer, which I wrote to Jürgen L.

I just want to know, how I can run a zero stock check from LT12.

Thumbs up for your document 'zero stock check in warehouse'

Best regards,

Gunnar

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

is this bin empty after the confirmation of this TO? Or do you have other TOs for the same bin?

You know OSS Note 22067 - Zero stock check w/many transfer orders for bin ?

gunnar_humpert
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Jürgen,

thanks for your reply

Yes, the transfer order is emptying the bin.

I know the SAP note 22067. We’ve set up the empty bin check, and as long it is only 1 transfer
order for 1 bin, the systems triggers the empty bin check, when required. Since we are working in the real world, this is not the case most of the time. We often have more than 1 transfer order for the same bin, and in this case the empty bin check is not triggered, and this is a problem for us.

I think you need some further information about our process. We are using mobile devices in our
warehouse, but we don’t use the standard LM* transactions codes, because they didn’t met our demands. We solved the problem by developing our own report. The report is doing almost the same as a LM* transaction code. Our report is just making a batch input for LT12.

It is clear to me, why SAP deactivates the empty bin check, in case there are more than 1 transfer
orders to the same bin. The problem is that the empty bin check is set during the creation of the transfer order. This is a static empty bin check. I have defined a logic for a dynamic empty bin check, and I want to implement this logic into our own report. This logic has to be executed just before the confirmation of the transfer order. In case the conditions for emptying the bin are fulfilled, the report should make a batch input for LT12, and run a manual zero stock check.

I can make a manual zero stock check via LT11, but this is only working for transfer orders, where I don’t have any subsystem items. I’ve made a test in our quality system, where I’ve tried to confirm the transfer order for a subsystem item via LT11. I got a warning (Message no. L3737: The TO items to be confirmed should be confirmed from the external system). I ignored the warning, but I was not able to run the zero stock check.

I can run LT12 in the background, and trigger the zero stock check, but this is only working, when the transfer order has the indicator 1 for performing a zero stock check. Since there are more than 1 transfer orders for the same bin, the indicator has not been set.

So how can I run a manual zero stock check for LT12?

Best regards,

Gunnar

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have no solution for you.

you wrote: I have defined a logic for a dynamic empty bin check, and I want to implement this logic into our own report. This logic has to be executed just before the confirmation of the transfer order.

Are you updating table LTAP ? I think field LTAP-NULKO controls whether you can have a zero stock check or not.

gunnar_humpert
Explorer
0 Kudos

I don’t know, if I have to update LTAP or not. My plan is to compare the pick quantity (LQUA-AUSME) with the total stock for the bin (LQUA-GESME). In case the pick quantity is equal to or less than the total stock for the bin (e.g. someone picked and confirmed more than the original quantity), I assume that this is the last transfer order, which has to be picked for the same bin. Since the pick quantity is equal to the total stock, the bin will be empty, and I want to trigger the zero stock check.

Normally a bin is blocked for putaway, when the bin has a transfer order with an empty bin check
(LTAP-NULKO). We allow addition to stock, and this is not a problem in our business scenario. In case the total stock has been increased after the creation of the transfer order for picking, the empty bin check will not be triggered, since I want to make a dynamic and not static (SAP std. way) empty bin check.

A possible solution could be to run a dynamic empty bin check -> if required update LTAP-NULKO -> confirm the transfer order via LT12…maybe this will trigger the empty bin check...this has to be tested

gunnar_humpert
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Jürgen,

do you have any ideas, how I can update LTAP-NULKO? I've tried to find a user exit, which will be triggered, when you confirm the transfer order, but with no luck.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As I said, I have no solution