Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maintenance transaction for EHP6 with AS JAVA

BSG
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are running SolMan 7.1 SP4 and have recently upgraded one of our ERP systems (including a JAVA stack, sidecar landscape pattern) from EHP5 to EHP6. From what I see is that the ERP ABAP stack is upgraded to NW7.03 (with basis 7.31), while the ERP JAVA stack is still on NW7.02. Now we need to install an additional ABAP addon to the system. However, the MOPZ transaction now get's confused because it thinks it needs a NW7.03 JAVA system.

Basic question is:

1. does it make sense that ERP6 EHP6 is based on ABAP NW7.03 and JAVA NW7.02

2. How should this be setup in SMSY in order to run a good MOPZ transaction?

Thanks and regards,

Bart.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

EHP3 for SAP Netweaver 7.0 has:

7.31 ABAP files

7.02 Java files

There is no issue.

p_harder
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you should provide more details what you want to do. We are running ERP EhP6 with a NW 7.02 Java engine as frontend for ESS-WDA (personnel self-service Webdynpro ABAP version). Runs fine.

best regards,

Pieter Harder

BSG
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pieter,

The JAVA system has been set as a sidecar for the ABAP ERP systems, e.g. for HR Services etc. With EHP4 and EHP5 the JAVA system was upgraded together with the ABAP system to NW7.01 (EHP4) and NW7.02 (EHP5) respectively. Now with EHP6 however it appears that the ABAP system has been upgraded to NW7.03, while the JAVA is still on NW7.02. I would have expected the JAVA system also to be upgraded to NW7.03. Hence my first question.

Assuming that the JAVA sidecar system is supposed to be on NW7.02 how should this be setup in SMSY? Our JAVA system in SMSY is now setup with the installed product: SAP EHP2 FOR SAP NETWEAVER 7.0. Which looks fine, since it is NW7.02. However, we get numerous error messages in the MOPZ, while the LVSM looks fine.

Which version of SolMan are you running?

Thanks & regards,
Bart

p_harder
Discoverer
0 Kudos

HiI Bart,

we are running Solution Manager 7.1 SP08. But this may be irrelevant. You are aware that Netweaver 7.0 EhP3 for Java technically does not exist? If you target EhP3 you get the components of EhP2 (702 based). So you might as well call it EhP2 that saves on the confusion. You mention HR scenarios. Does that mean you run XSS on the Java engine? In that case it does not matter as you get the same application for ERP EhP6 as for EhP4. Youd could have saved yourself the trouble.

best regards,

Pieter Harder

Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

IMHO it is better to say, EHP3 for SAP Netweaver 7.0 contains Java files named with 7.02 release, than saying EHP3 for SAP Netweaver 7.0 Java  does not exist.

The reason why is that if you try to define the system in SMSY as NW 7.03 ABAP and 7.02 Java , you will fail.

So, I stand by my reply:

EHP3 for SAP Netweaver 7.0 has:

7.31 ABAP files

7.02 Java files

This is the best approach, because you will not get confused when modelling it in SMSY/LMDB.

Best regards,

Miguel Ariño