cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment method not getting picked up from Customer master

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have mainatained payment method in customer master ( Company code data). But still, while creating invoice, the payment term is missing. Can you please let me know what can be missing.Is there somewhere else i need to mainatin it to be determined in billing.

Regards,

Sreeja V

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

Payment method will not be automatically picked from Customer master. It will be picked only in the Payment program.

You can always put it manually in the Sales Order.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sreeja,

Please check your Sales order at item level what is the payment method picked up from the Customer master.

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Raj

In item level of sales order ( Billing tab) also it is blank.

Regards,

Sreeja V

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear sreeja

if u maintained payment term in vk11 system will pick from vk11

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sreeja,

Look for the changes that would have hapenned to the sales order post creation.

However, if it is editable during the creation of the sales order and if it was removed during that time then it is not possible to track. So please try to simulate a scenario in your system and look how the system behaves.

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Raj

There has been no changes made in payment method while sales order creation or after that. I have replicated the same again.But still the same issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Payment method is missing, not payment term.Mistake in my description.

Regards,

Sreeja

former_member605515
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Could you please check the Payer maser data.what is the payment method has been mentained?

Regards

JB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello JB,

In payer master data also payment method has been maintained.

Regards,

Sreeja V

siva_vasireddy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The Payment Terms maintained in the Customer master -Company code level will not be Copied into the Sales order

The Payment terms maintained in the Billing Tab of the customer master will be copied into the Sales order.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sreeja,

Please make sure that you have maintained the payment terms (field name - "Terms of payment") in the customer master - Under "Sales Area data" section and in the "Billing Documents" tab.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry Maria and Raj.

My mistake in issue description.

What i meant is that payment method is mising in billing. ( Not payment Term). The payment method has been maintained in Company code data of customer master.

former_member213975
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Sreeja,

try to set the default payment method in OBB8 for the payment term used in your billing document.

Regards, Maria

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maria,

If we maintain the payment method there, then for all customers having that payment term the payment method will be same, right.?

Regards,

Sreeja

former_member213975
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sreeja,

The payment method you have maintained in customer master KNB1-ZWELS is only relevant for FI. In SD Billing document this field (VBRK-ZLSCH) is optional but if you maintin it there it will have priority under customer master payment method (KNB1-ZWELS). Payment method in billing document is copied from Sales Order Business Data  (VBKD-ZLSCH).

If you want the field KNB1-ZWELS to be copied to VBKD-ZLSCH during the creation of Sales order you should use User Exit MV45AFZZ, FORM USEREXIT_MOVE_FIELD_TO_VBKD.

And  answering your last question if you maintain payment method in OBB8 it will be proposed for all customers that have this payment term.

Regards, Maria

former_member213975
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Sreeja,

please check the payment term in a corresponding Sales Order. Payment term is copied from customer master to Sales order and then from Sales order to Invoice.

Regards, Maria