Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webdynpro Table with input field with different data type and length:

former_member187651
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I got a requirement to create table with different cell editor for different row based on the condition. I managed to get the same by using variant in table.

My table is having no of rows unknown at run time. Table is having 2 columns:

1st: Attribute name

2nd: value to enter by user.

These attributes are coming from the ztable with it's conditions field. For each attribute 2 condition fields are maintained:

1st: Datatype  for ex: CHAR, NUMC

2nd: length     for ex: 20 ,10

Means each row will have it's own data type and length assigned to it. which should be link with the input filed. According to which entry should be made by the user.

I have gone through the properties of input text but did not find any property to link the data type.

currently I am using the type for the Context node attribute Value is 'String'.

node cardinality : 0..N (for table)

My question is :

How can I change the types of table input field for different rows for entry.

Waiting for reply.....

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandan,

You can do like this..

Instead of one take two columns one for CHAR and another for NUMC. By default set visible one column only. Based on your condition Display one column another one in invisible mode.

Cheers,

Kris.

former_member187651
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

Thanks for quick reply.. but as I told you I have a ztable, which consist of attributes with their length, data type, mandatory flag and so on. Now data type can be Char with length 10, 20, 30, etc. NUMC with length any. Now depending upon these values I need to check the validation for that entry field..

It can have any data types like numc , char, string, etc...

currently may context node attribute for value entry is of type string.

what should I do in that case..  

2nd question:

Krishna I have one more query.. I need to get the multiple selection dropdown box in table cell editor. As I know this only can be feasible with Itemlistbox

UI element. But this UI element is not available for cell editor. currently I am using Dropdown by index.  What should I do in that case........

Thanks.

former_member187651
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi friends

Thank you all for reply.

I manged to full fill the requirement by using Variant with cell editor..

Problem resolved ..

Thanks.