SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to deactivate periodic meter reads for inactive installations

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We've requirement where in for Move-out/Disconnected installations, we need to send the periodic control reads while for others periodic 'Billable' reads. Now the problem is as per the scheduling(MRU) I can schedule all the periodic reads of same kind, i.e. either Billable or Control, so can't use the standard transactions (EL06) to generate MRO for Control reads, but when I'm generating the new MRO for control reads it would get suppressed due to priority config.

will you please help how can deactivate periodic MROs for inactive installations, at the same time I can generate the control reads for the same?

Thanks,

Sagar

3 REPLIES 3

daniel_mccollum
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

in the installation there is a field "Blocking reason". Configure a value & populate the field. This will prevent the creation of periodic orders.

You can still create control readings, there will be a warning which can be ignored.

config is located:

Device Management --> Meter reading --> Meter Reading Order --> Order Creation --> define MR blocking reasons.

The help there pretty much covers it.

0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for the response, but won't it block all the MROs? I just want to block periodic MROs & instead need to generate control MRO (Reason 09) on periodic basis to do the inspection for theft.

Regards,

Sagar

0 Kudos

as I said, You can still create control readings, there will be a warning which can be ignored.