cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Gap found for activity & in ressource capacity within the planing horizont

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody!

I have a problem. I have a ressource that has free capacity within the planing horizont.

Some planned orders are generated outside the PPDS planning horziont, and for some I get the error message:

No Gap found for activity & within the planning horizont.

Does anyone know what the cause of this behavior is, or why it does not use the open capacity (which is enough for the planned order)?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Best regards

Mitch

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member189901
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hii Mitch,

Which heuristic you are running ? can you be specific, it'll help to analyse the issue easily.

By the way The error " No Gap found for activity & within the planning horizon" says that there is no gap in the planning horizon to schedule the orders (production activities). That means though there is capacity available in the resource, but it was not enough to create a order.

1. Just check whether you have defined correct rate of base quantity in your routing ?

2. Check product  Lot size what u have maintained is it flexible for Min and max lot size to create small order also.

3.Check in your heuristic parameter, whether u have defined find slot or move to following week in the scheduling parameter.

Regards

Debashis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Debashis,

thank you for your answer.

We are using SAP_PP_002 Planning of Standard Lots.

Our Problem is, that there is more than enough capacity for the activities and we still get the error message.

Kind regards,

Mitch

former_member189901
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hii Mitch,

Standard lot does not look for capacity available or not. It just schedule the orders as per the lead time and the lot size maintained  in the product master.

Can you please answer the 1st 2nd queries i have asked in my last reply related to your routing and Lot size maintained for the Product.

Regards

Debashis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mitch,

Please check your resource data(work center) in ERP, capacity tab please maintain time continuous capacity.instead of SNP.

Also check this:

Check all operations and activities are connected properly, activity relationships are maintained in ECC.Check whether mode, operation timings etc., are maintained properly.  The error lies in maintainence of BoM, routing data only.  Make the corrections and rectify it.

To find other orders which are using the resource, you can load the resource to planning board (/SAPAPO/CDPS0), where you will have a more detailed view regarding the situation. May be there are orders or your resource is blocked by maintaining the operating times wrong

Hope this helps

Regards