Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Urgent: PO not created with enjoy BAPI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

SRM 3.0 (BBPCRM 4.00), SP11.

Since in SRM 3.0 by default BAPI_PO_CREATE (old BAPI) is called ,we are calling the enjoy BAPI for certain conditions for certain users.

When creating PO's without material id (product id) and only material description and product category (using the 'describe requirement' functionality in the shopping cart), the PO is not created and we get an error - "Please enter either material or short text".

Can someone pls explain this error?

In case we dont call the enjoy BAPI and are using the old BAPI - BAPI_PO_CREATE, this error does not occur and I am able to create PO's without material id in R/3.

Thanks,

Srivatsan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Any updates on this ?

I hope your problem is solved.

Regards

- Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This issue is resolved now - we had missed out on mapping the material group in the Z driver. This was required when the PO is created without the material id (only with material description).

Thanks,

Srivatsan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

) Good to hear that problem is resolved.

Regards

- Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

<u>Since you are using SRM 3.0 version, either you can use the BADI - BBP_PO_CREATE_BACK / BBP_CREATE_PO_BACK_NEW

to create the Purchase orders from SRM system data.

The BAPI - BAPI_PO_CREATE, gets called after this BADI is triggered and then only, the PO gets created in R/3 system.</u>

<b>This is the standard requirement of the BAPI - BAPI_PO_CREATE.</b>

<u>Either this Product category what you are passing from SRM system, needs to maintained as a Material at the R/3 back-end, so that it can recognize it.

Or

You need to provide the required data (In this Case the Material) to the BAPI from SRM system, in order to create the R/3 PO.</u>

Let me know incase you need any other information.

Hope this will help.

Please reward suitable points, incase it suits your requirements.

Regards

- Atul

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please provide all data you are trying to send to create PO.

Especially, the item category and account assignment category.

Kind regards,

Yann