Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CopyValue multi mapping

markbernabe
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

When we upgraded our PI to 7.3 EHP1 SPS06, our logic which is to map CopyValue into multiple fields doesn't work anymore. It's the same logic used in production which is still running 7.3 SPS07. Since the logic is the same and the only difference is the PI version, we're suspecting that the problem is caused by the upgrade. Is there any restriction now in EHP1 SPS06 that doesn't allow this kind of mapping logic for CopyValue?

Appreciate your inputs regarding this.

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Is it not working in display queue only or even in test tab? You can try consulting SAP Note 1544209 - CopyValue function when used with constants gives an error.

The note did not explicitly say which SP in 7.31 is affected.

Hope this helps,

Mark

markbernabe
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Thanks for this. Yes, it is not working both in display queue and test tab for EHP1 SPS06 but working perfectly fine in SPS07.

BR Mark

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I re-checked the note. The latest SP for 7.30 would be SP07 PL 0 . So I think your 7.30 SP07 has a patch level higher than 0. For 7.31, the note says up to SP02 PL 0 only. So I guess it does not apply.

What is the error that you are getting?

Regards,

Mark

markbernabe
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

The original mapping has the CopyValue of the source TEXT mapped to multiple fields used for different expressions. After the upgrade, this mapping started to fail and the target fields mapped to this CopyValue now produce Null values instead of the TEXT value.

BR Mark

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

I was able to replicate it (PI 7.11 SP08 PL06):

As far as I know there are three workarounds:

1. Separate each instance as what you have done

2. Use mapWithDefault just after the copyValue

3. Use variables

I'm not sure if there is an existing SAP Note that would fix this.

Regards,

Mark

ambrish_mishra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Can you try changing the index in CopyValue function and check if it gives desired results.

Just a guess!

Hope it helps!

Ambrish

markbernabe
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ambrish,

Yep. I've already tried to change the index as well as context manipulation but to no avail.

BR Mark

markbernabe
Active Participant
0 Kudos

For workaround, I just created 4 instances of CopyValue. But I would still like to know if this is really related to the EHP1 upgrade.

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

I think upgrade caused this issue, have you tested message mapping with same data in Prod/QA?faced same issue?

Thank you

markbernabe
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

Yes, I think so too since the original mapping is working perfectly fine in Q/P which is running under the old version.