cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

change fields inside ITS mobile application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I am currently working on ITS mobile application. I found lot of materials regarding how to publish and create a ITS mobile application. I am in need of some useful information to change font-size of (input field), increase the width of input field, adjust alignment issue in the screen. I searched at many places, some proposed to create a customized mobile.css file and change the font-size etc and it will take care of the alignment, i did the same but no useful result.

i thought of changing independently all the html pages one by one for time being but that requires more effort in future. Kindly help me to find a solution.

does any of these parameter can help me

~ITSMOBILEELEMFACTOR

~ITSMOBILEELEMUNITS

or there are other parameters which i am missing.

~ITSMOBILECSSINCLUDE = customized mobile.css .. i have put it in SICF as well as in my ITS template.Am i missing something.

Regards

Kumar Shantanu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member194364
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

You are not missing anything.

Currently the only solution is to modify the HTML templates generated for your ITSMobile screens in SE80.

Note

1316326  ITSmobile: HTML element size is independent of font size

has information re

~ITSMOBILEELEMFACTOR

~ITSMOBILEELEMUNITS

However these parameters are only useful for templates generated with ITSGENMOBILE4 and only offer slight adjustments - from your description you require greater changes to the screen elements.

Regards,

Oisin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oisin,

Thanks a lot for reply.

This means the factors

~ITSMOBILEELEMFACTOR

~ITSMOBILEELEMUNITS

will only work when the template for any dynpro is generated with the option

[Mobile Device (No HTML Tables)].

Can you also throw some light on how we can change the w(). I mean we will find there some variables declared, do we need to change any values.

Moreover i also wanted to get any information how having customized .css file in our service can help us to change the layout. When i did try to add customized .css in service, The font and size of the field was too large (all the template are generated by using option [Mobile Device (Preserving Layout)] in I.E browser in PC. i was not able to change anything by trying any of the option. What can be the possible reason ?

If i need to change many option what is the best approach and which template generator we should use out of this

1.Mobile Device (Preserving Layout)

2.Mobile Device (No HTML Tables)

Thanking you in advance for help.

Regards

Kumar Shantanu

former_member194364
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

For performance - Mobile Device (No HTML Tables) is the best option to use.

As you know changing the CSS file's only offers part of the solution(this is similar to the solution offered in #1316326; which as you pointed out is restricted to the ITSmobile Generator (ITSGENMOBILE4). In your scenario you will need to change the HTML templates generated for the element values to a larger size to be able to handle the increased font size added in the customized .css or using parameters: ~ITSMOBILEELEMFACTOR ~ITSMOBILEELEMUNITS which allows smaller adjustments to be made.

Another benefit of using ITSGENMOBILE4 - is the parameter ~DYNPRO_COMPRESSION

See the note 1493374  ITSmobile: new feature: dynpro compression

Regards,

Oisín

Answers (0)