cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

N:1 mapping - ccBPM Problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP PI Experts,

I am trying to batch a few messages that are coming inside an SAP PI interface and send them out as a single file. I am trying to use it doing the ccBPM and on the same lines on the Payload collect pattern supplied in the samples.

But after the collection of all the messages, and the transformation step, the message that comes out of BPM process is a single file containing the first message that was passed and nothing else.

Below is the summary of steps that I have done

1. Created a source data type/ message type.
  2. Created an outbound interface and inbound interface. Created two abstract interfaces one for sending messages to the BPM process, and the second for sending the message out of the BPM process.
  3. Created a message mapping. One to one between elements. In the signature tab specified the occurrence of the source as "0..unbounded" for the target specified the occurrence as "1".
  4. Created the operation mapping between the source and the target abstract interfaces. specified the occurrence of the source as "0..unbounded" for the target specified the occurrence as "1"
  5. Created the integration process

1. The first container element is specified as Append. The target is of the "source abstract interface type" with "Multiline" checked..
  2. The second container element specifies an integer to increment each time a message comes to the BPM process.
  3. Transformation step is where the mapping created in step 5 is applied. Send step sends the output of the transformation message out.

Seems like I have done all the steps correctly. SXMB_MONI shows that the process is started, it collects all the messages.

But the output is a single message, the very first message that triggered the process.

Can someone point out what am I doing wrong?

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

go into detailled ccBPM monitoring, grafical view and technical view and detect, where the process does not behave llike expected.

I guess the mapping is wrong. You cannot load a test message to the multimapping, but you can test it with dummy values or manipulate the payload: Copy your message payload into the multimapping structure.

/Udo

former_member189420
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Upendra,

Things to check:

1. Check in the test mode of your operation mapping whether you are able to create single message from multiple messages.

2. Check whether you have maintained some correlation so that you can collect the messages / any other way make sure the source is multiline if the messages are of same interface and are getting collected. - This you can check with the workflow that got generated at runtime in PI.

Best Regards,

Anand Patil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

What is the occ. of target message used in Transformation step?

I think your operation mapping (used in Transformation step) is not working properly? execute the same and check?

Thanks

Amit Srivastava