SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BRF - Interval to next dunning

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are currently using BRF for our dunning strategy. For some collection step in our strategy, when FPVA determine current step, user must release the step before FPVB can run on the account contract. When FPVA is executed, in table FKKMAKO the [Date of issue] (AUSDT) is filled with the date FPVA was executed and [Print date] (MDRKD) is filled with the date FPVB was executed.

Because of this, there can be a difference between of days between [Date of issue] and [Print Date]. This difference in the date has an impact when we set the interval to the next dunning (SPRO -> SAP Customizing Implementation Guide -> Financial Accounting -> Contract Accounts Receivable and Payable -> Business Transactions -> Dunning -> Dunning by Collection Strategy -> Define Collection Step).

I was wondering if there was a way for the interval to the next dunning to use [Print date] rather than [Date of issue] because our legal business only consider [Print date]?

Best regards,

Silver

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

raviahuja
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Silver,

The requirement seems pretty easy in BRF. While designing BRF branch to identify next dunning step, You must be using field AUSDT from table FKKMAKO. (Fortunately, we receive whole dunning group in FKKMAKO structure while BRF is being executed.) Now here instead of using AUSDT to check for the gap between next duning step, use field FKKMAKO-MDRKD.

Just check if field FKKMAKO-MDRKD is not blank and dunning date is print date + x number of days and proceed with your current logic.

Hope it helps.

Ravi

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

raviahuja
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Silver,

The requirement seems pretty easy in BRF. While designing BRF branch to identify next dunning step, You must be using field AUSDT from table FKKMAKO. (Fortunately, we receive whole dunning group in FKKMAKO structure while BRF is being executed.) Now here instead of using AUSDT to check for the gap between next duning step, use field FKKMAKO-MDRKD.

Just check if field FKKMAKO-MDRKD is not blank and dunning date is print date + x number of days and proceed with your current logic.

Hope it helps.

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Thanks for the reply. I had hoped that there would be another way besides creating a new expressions  using (FKKMAKO-MDRKD) to achieve this because it will add more expressions in branches. Since there was an easy way to modify interval (FKKMAKO-AUSDT) through SAP config, I had hoped that we would only need to modify config to achieve this.

I might try to ask SAP for a note, if it is not possible I will apply your proposed solution.

Thank You,

Silver