cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP SFTP Adapter: Server uses both private key and password authentication

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am having trouble configuring one SAP's SFTP adapter.

The SFTP server we are trying to connect to, uses both private keys and username/password authentication at the same time.

In the adapter, you have to choose between private keys and password but there is no way to select both.

Is this one limitation in the SFTP adapter or is there any alternate way possible?

regards,

Anirudh Vyas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

vishnu_prasadk
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have implemented the solution. The SFTP Server issue's the authentication method one after the other. That is the SFTP Server first checks for the PrivateKey i.e. the "PublicKey Authentication" and the "Password" based authentication.

You can follow the note 2028233 which supports the dual authentication for SFTP sender or receiver side.

Regards,
Vishnu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anirudh,

I hope you can do it, by providing one authentication on the adapter and other via Modules.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I bet you're talking to a bank!

If you come up with a solution, please post it.

I too require dual authentication.

Ken

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ken,

I haven't done doing things with Bank but, I am sure that user & certificate authentication can be done at a time.

One on the communication and other using modules.

I am currently implementing a scenario where in which I need both the authentication. Will post a blog when I successfully implement the business scenario.

Thanks,

vishnu_prasadk
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

As mentioned below. Please use the note 2028233 for SAP PI SFTP Adapter

Regards,
Vishnu