Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP PI EDI to Idoc Scenario

former_member214909
Participant
0 Kudos
Hello ,
We are working on incoming .edi order to IDOC scenario.
But as per the user request , we need to populate the IDOC field twice for the CCN number for each material which is mapped to RFF segment.
But we are getting following error in FunctionalAcknowlegementSeeStd ,if I repeat the RFF segment of the ORDER D96A .
-
We are using BIC modules for conversion
localejbs/SeeClassifier
localejbs/CallBicXIRaBean
localejbs/Seeburger/MessageSplitter
- <Notes>
<ID>2</ID>
<Text>counter value (9) of incoming field (UNB.UNH.UNT:0074) doesn't match
the calculated value (10). DESCRIPTION: Either the counter value is not filled
in the source file or the counter field value is wrong.
</Text>
Please suggest us the solution.
Thanks,
Anant

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

S0003485845
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

as Srinivasan also mentioned, it looks like you are working with incorrect incoming data (which has been modified manually).

The message

counter value (9) of incoming field (UNB.UNH.UNT:0074) doesn't match 
the calculated value (10). DESCRIPTION: Either the counter value is not filled
in the source file or the counter field value is wrong

means, that from UNH to UNT, your EDI file has a total of 10 segments...but the counter in the UNT segment is still at "9"

So, if you want to do tests with modified EDIFACT-files and you add additional segments, you will also have to increase the counter in the UNT-segment  in these cases, to make sure that the syntax of the EDIFACT-file is still valid.

(since the BIC does a complete Syntax Check and provides such messages if there isa syntax error in the data)

Hope this helps

Let me know if you need additiona linformation or have any doubt...

Kind Regards

Stefan

former_member214909
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Shrini  & Stefan,

In my scenario one of the segment RFF from EDI ORDER D96A need to come two times but when configuration is made for the only one value as per your reply.

So could you please explain me how can I increase this counter.

Thanks.

S0003485845
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In my scenario one of the segment RFF from EDI ORDER D96A need to come two times ...

...so if you need this segment two times, then your partner (who is sending this Edifact ORDERS File to you) should include this in his side (and then he is also responsible that the counter is set correct.

If you only need the information from this one "RFF" -segment to be populated to 2 different fields on the IDoc than this should be handled in the PI mapping (and not by changing the received EDIFACT data)

Regards

Stefan

former_member214909
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Stefan,

Thank you very much again, it is very helpful information for me.

My customer is ready to send the two RFF segment for two CCN numbers.

Now can you please tell me how can I resolve this issue and place the IDoc order in sap.

We are using standard mapping of BIC for ORDER D96A messages .

S0003485845
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anant,

If your partner sends you now additional segments...there should be no error message regarding the counter, as he should then also send the right counter.

If you want to process the previously received files (with the wrong counter) then you just have to modify the segment UNT...(the first field is the counter that tells how many segments are there between UNH and UNT (including UNH and UNT)

If you provide me with the file, I can also take a look and modify it...

Kind Regards

former_member214909
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

Thank you very much the issue is resolved now.

last night I have increased the counter as explained by you and order get placed in system.

Thanks for your urgent help.

former_member223322
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anant,

I believe this is happening because you have modified the EDI structure in SAP PI whereas the Seeburger Workbench is not yet updated with the modifications.

You cannot do any update on the EDI message structure in ESR. If you have to do so, then you need to update the BIC mapping structure and the MIC mapping accordingly for ORDERS 96A using the BIC mapping tool.

~Srini