cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI connect to FTP server with handshake failure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

I am dealing with a scenario that PI send message to a FTP folder via FTP protocol.

I have tested connection parameters(host, port, credential) by using a local FTP tool(CoreFTP) to connect to target folder and succeeded, but PI got below issue while connecting.

Could you please give any suggestion on this?

Thanks a lot !

17.06.2013 15:00:07ErrorFile processing failed with Error when getting an FTP connection from connection pool: com.sap.aii.af.lib.util.concurrent.ResourcePoolException: Unable to create new pooled resource: iaik.security.ssl.SSLException: Peer sent alert: Alert Fatal: handshake failure
17.06.2013 15:00:07ErrorMP: exception caught with cause com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: Error when getting an FTP connection from connection pool: com.sap.aii.af.lib.util.concurrent.ResourcePoolException: Unable to create new pooled resource: iaik.security.ssl.SSLException: Peer sent alert: Alert Fatal: handshake failure
17.06.2013 15:00:07ErrorAdapter Framework caught exception: Error when getting an FTP connection from connection pool: com.sap.aii.af.lib.util.concurrent.ResourcePoolException: Unable to create new pooled resource: iaik.security.ssl.SSLException: Peer sent alert: Alert Fatal: handshake failure
17.06.2013 15:00:07ErrorDelivering the message to the application using connection File_http://sap.com/xi/XI/System failed, due to: com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: Error when getting an FTP connection from connection pool: com.sap.aii.af.lib.util.concurrent.ResourcePoolException: Unable to create new pooled resource: iaik.security.ssl.SSLException: Peer sent alert: Alert Fatal: handshake failure.
17.06.2013 15:00:07InformationThe message status was set to WAIT.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hii,

Have you used any FTPS configurtaion?share your PI File channel configuration.

Thank you,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your response, you do remind me the point of the issue, now I have Connection Security set as "None" in PI channel, and set target FTP server as No TLS mode in target side, then succeeded in the connection.

But I still has one issue maybe you can provide some suggestion. It is for FTPS mode, I have tried this like below:

1. PI channel Connection Security set as FTPS(FTP Using SSL/TLS) for Control Connection.

Command Order as default.. - AUTH TLS, USER, PASS,PBSZ,PROT

2. Target FTP server: set as using "Explicit SSL/TLS (AUTH)".

will get the handshake issue as I posted originally, how to resolve this?

The point is how to set is How PI demonstrate the TLS information in PI channe. Besides credentials and configuration mentioned above, I can't find other configuration for TLS.

Thanks a lot!

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

marksmyth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

Use the XPI Inspector tool to trace what is causing this error. Use Example 50 (By Channel) and Example 11  (Authentication & SSL). This should give you a good clue as to what is causing this error.

Regards

Mark

Private_Member_12188
Active Participant
0 Kudos

It looks like you are using SSL based on the error message.  Does the FTPS server expect an implicit or explicit connection type?  PI can only use explicit communication for the FTPS adapter.  Can you have the FTPs server use explicit?  This should resolve the pooled resource issue.

Check the below thread, another user had the exact same issue.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3368187