cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material Transfer....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In Sales Order, Order Qty. is 10 for X1 Material.

Stock Qty. for X1 Material is 9.

We want to Transfer X2 Material to X1 for 1 Qty.

How to transfer without effecting value in profit/loss account. Because our consultant told us that transfering from one material to another will effect in profit and loss account.

Yusuf

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi;

This can be done using Material determination, where in you can define a substitution material and choose the reason as 004.

I guess you have to maintain the necessary item Category definition as well.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mani,

Explain me in detail. From which transaction and what to do ?

Yusuf

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can use transaction VB11 for material determination and the output type for this is A001

There give the material name for which you are going to maintain the substitution in the material entered field and enter the substitute material in material field.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jenibalat,

How to see or from which transaction for item Category definition ?

Yusuf

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think you need not maintain item category but you have to mention whether the item should be replaced or not using the transaction OVRQ there specify the substitution reason. ie whether it is automatic or manual selection based on that specify the strategy and outcome.

If you select automatic the material will be automatically proposed, but for manual we have to select from the alternatives

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yusuf,

To add to it, for substitution reason 004, I believe you would need to Assign item category via IMG/Sale and distribution/Sales/Sales document item/Assign item category for combination of sales order type, item category group, Usage as 'PSA2' and high level item category (for eg.TAN)...you can maintain the TAN as well the item category...

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sagar,

I agree it will work, but can we track of each material i,e which material & quantity has been transfered for what material, if we get from which transaction ?

Yusuf.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yusuf,

When a material is substituted/determined using material determination method, the original material is stored by the system in the Material entered field MATWA in VBAP table.

You can query on VBAP and check if material entered MATWA is not equal to material number MATNR. Also check if the reason code for material susbstitution field SUGRD is non blank.

The quantity of course you can get from VBAP table.

See if this helps you,

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sagar,

Problem is solved.

Yusuf

Answers (0)