cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAA doesn't start with sapinit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

after installing two application server (1x java, 1x abap) i wanted to test if the sapinit-script (/etc/init.d/sapinit) on our linuxserver is working.

After stopping (/etc/init.d/sapinit stop) and starting (/etc/init.d/sapinit start) both application server (processes) are running again. My problem is the diagnostics agent also installated on this server. After restarting with sapinit only a sapstartsrv for the DAA is started and nothing else happens. Manually starting the DAA is possible. The parameter "Autostart = 1" is writen in the profile of the DAA. Furthermore the DAA is writen in the sapservices-file and both the DAA and the hostagent have the latest patchlevel.

Could anyone think of a solution for my problem? Did I ignore something?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello

I believe you have trouble starting the SMD agent.

Did you try to start it under the user daaadm (presuming it is the user under which SMD is installed) ?

su - daaadm

cdexe - if this doesn't take you to /usr/sap/DAA/SMDA97/exe then cd

cd /usr/sap/DAA/SMDA97/exe

./startsap

Regards

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

thanks for your reply.

There is no problem starting the DAA via daaadm. If i do so there are 4 processes started (simplified):

sapstartsrv

sapstart

jc.sapDAA_SMDA97

jstart

all processes belong to the daaadm.

The problem is, if I want to start the DAA via sapinit (as root-user).With "/etc/init.d/sapinit start" only one DAA-process ist started (sapstartsrv) with the right profil-path but nothing more happens. The sapstartsrv also belongs to daaadm (which is correct).

Best Regards,

Joschka

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello

Can you check the contents of /usr/sap/sapservices file please ?

Check this SAP note

Note 823941 - SAP start service on Unix platforms

Regards

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

If possible attach sapservices file to message.

csaba_goetz
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Joschka,

This is a normal behaviour, sapinit starts sapstartsrv not SAP. Autostart is not a valid parameter on Linux - it works only on Windows. To start SAP system DAA automatically init.d must be changed that way that it contains this line as well:

sapcontrol -nr <instance nr> -prot NI_HTTP -function StartWait 300 0

or

sapcontrol -nr <instance nr> -prot NI_HTTP -function Start

Not every webmethods (after "-function") are known in every releases (it's about the sapstartsrv kernel release, 700, 701, 710, 711, 720, 721, ...). Call sapcontrol without any arguments to get a list about the known ones and for help of usage.

Best regards,

Adam

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

AtulKumarJain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Joschka,

Could you please provide what issue /error you are getting while starting it.

please check http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi711/helpdata/en/49/9a15525b20423ee10000000a421938/content.htm

Best Regards,

Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

thanks for your reply.

I don't know where I can find a errorlog for this problem. There are no errors displayed.The logs in /usr/sap/DAA/SMDA97/SMDAgent/log have no errors and the /usr/sap/DAA/SMDA97/work/available.log displays the DAA as unavailable if started with sapinit.

Starting/Stopping the DAA via daaadm is no problem.

Starting/Stopping the DAA via sapinit is the problem - if done so, there is only one DAA-process where four are expected.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check trace files in work directory.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please let me know what id is being used to run SAPinst.

Can you check that the start script of DAA has permission 777 for all user and group.

Thanks

Rishi Abrol