cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webi server is down or unreachable error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I am working on SAP BO4.0 SP6,on Linux OS with Oracle data base back ground.

We have done upgrade from BO3.1 to BO4.0.After migration all reports are working finely except few reports.If I am trying to modify the report it is throwing an error like "Webi server down or unreachable" .If I Try to refresh the report it is throwing an error like "Error interno al llamar a la API 'processDPCommandsEx'. (Error: ERR_WIS_30270) (WIS 30270)".

We have checked all services everything is enabled and working finely.But still we could not find the proper solution on this.

Here we observed on this for every half an hour "Webi processing server is getting failed".Although we are restarting the servers every time.

Can some one please assist me on this.

Regards

Srinivas.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

what connectivity are these reports using?  (BW MDX .unv, for example)

and how many rows of data are you bringing into the dataproviders?  (i ask this because there is evidence of a regression in SP06 - for very large data fetch - which has already been escalated to development)

see threads here: http://scn.sap.com/thread/3374183 and here: http://scn.sap.com/thread/3376385

as a workaround, do you get any more success editing these documents when imported into webi rich client desktop application ?

regards,

H

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi H,

Thank you so much for your response..

These reports are connecting to Universe based on Oracle (Oracle.Unv).

The no of rows rows we are fetching are less than 100000.We have tried to open the same report through Rich client but no luck,showing the same error.

Please kindly assist me on this.

Regards

Srinivas.

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. i think you should contact Support, because I did a keyword search at www.service.sap.com/notes for your error text "4.0  'processDPCommandsEx' (Error: ERR_WIS_30270)"  and there are loads of recent hits.  it even looks like a correction has been made as recently as Patch6.1.

2. Also, a workflow to consider: Are you able to edit these reports in rich client desktop, then change dataprovider, repoint to universe, confirm object mappings, save and close. save.  refresh -> what happens now?

Regards,

H

former_member191664
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Since you are running BI4.0 SP06 on a Linux, it'd would be helpful if you can look for the core(s) generated by WIReportServer from $BOBJEDIR and run a gdb for it to see which library call triggers the WIReportServer to crash and core dump?

Syntax:

gdb <PATH to WIReportServer>/WIReportServer <PATH to core>/core.xxxxxxx

where

quit

If gdb is not installed, please ask your UNIX/Linux admin to install it.

Regards,

Jin-Chong