Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to configure custom search help for MDG Customer screen

ashwincap
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am trying to configure a custom search help in the search application : CL_USMD_SEARCH_DATA_DB, search mode DB.

I have included a custom search help in the MDGIMG under Define Search Applications. For this I have created a custom configuration for the query  in the Component: FPM_SEARCH_UIBB and enhanced the communcator settings: BS_OVP_CU and BS_OVP_CU_CL of package MDG_BS_ECC_CUSTOMER_BOLUI.

This brings the custom search help in the drop down list of the Search methods of the main screen. However when I select this search help, it does not bring up the search criteria of this custom search help. It includes the standard search criteria but not from the custom search help.

In the custom configuration for the query in  the Component: FPM_SEARCH_UIBB, I am not able to view the search elements that I can add to the search criteria.

Please suggest how can I include the custom search criteria to this search help.

Thanks

Ashwini

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Dear SAP MDG Experts,

I have the same issue. I have to add BP grouping field to the Enterprise Search as search criteria for Supplier and Customer in MDG

Could you please help me.

Thanks

Sachin Kapoor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kartik

Please refer below link How To... MDG-M: Extend Search - SCN - SAP.com

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay,

This document talks about MDG - Material, not Supplier or customer.

I am looking to add TAXNUM field to the Enterprise Search as search criteria of Supplier Search UI. Any pointers on adding this field to FPM?

Thanks,

Kartik.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kartik

I am not too sure whether custom search help is possible or MDGS/C. Which version you are using? I guess it is available in MDG& SP02 but not too sure.

Can you try weith scanario 1 as per document provided by me for MDGS/C for search connector template MDG_BUSINESS_PARTNER in transaction ESH_COCKPIT?

0 Kudos

Dear Sanjay,

I have the same issue. I have to add BP grouping field to the Enterprise Search as search criteria for Supplier and Customer in MDG

Could you please help me.

Thanks

Sachin Kapoor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any luck? I have the same issue. I am trying to add search criteria to enterprise search. The TREX connector has the field that I want to add, but how do I include that field as search criteria in UI?

Thanks in advance.

Kartik.