cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WebI 3.x- Duplicate records

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I am working on BO 3.x WebI. My duplicate records are not aggregating. I tried to find the setting for duplicate records in report properties but I couldn't find.

Can you please guide correctly where to look for the setting? whether its in universe or report? Please mention clear steps. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

B

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use Avoid Duplicate row aggregation setting in table properties to ensure your data is getting rolled up or aggregated.

Select the table > go to properties window> look in display properties> Avoid duplicate row aggregation.

In addition to this you measures should have been already assigned with projection Aggregate such as Sum/Max/Min etc at the universe layer.

Thanks

Mallik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mallik,

I do not see the Display properties option. Which table are you asking me to select?

I am looking at infoview-> edit report-> report table-> right click-> Document properties. Please let me know if its incorrect.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This property i mentioned is under the properties window you find under data manager, where you have multiple tabs such Data. Map, Properties etc.

You have selected the table right and just go look in the properties mentioned above and you find a section of properties grouped as display properties.

Thanks

Mallik

Former Member
0 Kudos

there is nothing coming in the properties section. Is this the properties window are you talking abt? I don't understand it has been so difficult in BO. The properties box is empty, there are no options.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, you have to click on the buttons highlighted in the below screenshot which would help you expand or collapse your properties. They are in collapsed state, after you expand you can find "Avoid duplicate row aggregation" property. Uncheck this which would help you enable aggregation of duplicate rows in the block.

If its already unchecked and you still don't see aggregation then import the universe and look in the object properties of meaure in the universe to check for projection aggregate.

If the measure if being calculated at report layer as variable then use Sum([Material count]) etc to roll up/aggregate the measure in the block.

Thanks

Mallik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mallik,

I think the properties are not showing through a browser. But When I open the report in WebI client I can see. However the the check box is already unchecked.

Also, I have check the Universe key figure properties which are already set to "Sum"

What would be wrong?

Regards,

B

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the measure you are trying to see aggregated in the report?

Are you placing this measure in the block or table of webi report you want the roll up to be happening?

What is the lowest level of grain you are showing in the block (i.e week/day etc when you have year to week or year to day objects in block)

Thanks

Mallik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try below.

Go to Edit Query-> there you will get to see all the dims, detail and measure objects that are displayed in your query and in Query Panel (left side) -> select properties and chech -> Aviod duplicate row aggregation and run the query and check the report results.

Thanks,

Suresh Babu Aluri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

The problem is solved. The setting " Aviod duplicate row aggregation " was an issue but the query design itself. I required to take out to key detail and measure for week/year which were are a part of variables in BEx query. When I took it out the records started aggregating. There were similar records for two different periods.

Thanks anyway. All your answers were helpful.

Cheers,

B

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

just property tab detached.

select the report block and, click on Double arrow, as mentioned in red box.  you will get properties of that block expanded