cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Label print to wrong network print queue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

I am new in SAP. Before I proceed with the problem that we encounter, lets me explain a little bit about our environment.

We have one SAP production server and one SAP application/dialog server. Currently, we have set the production server is for our main office use here in Malaysia, while dialog server is for our branch use in Vietnam, but both server are located in main office.

I have configured the network print queue separately for each servers in AIX version 6.1. Example, for printer CL408MG2 use in main office, I configured in production server, while for printer SVCM84PRO use in Vietnam, I configured in dialog server. Same as for host setting in SPAD.

Those both printer CL408MG2 and SVCM84PRO is been use for same process which is to print a label during Good Receipt process. For printer CL408MG2, it always went down when there is too many queue and need to "refresh" (disable and enable) the printer. When doing this "refresh printer" always happen that label from Vietnam suddenly print out at Malaysia printer even though the Vietnam staff said that they key in the correct printer name. This problem happen only during Malaysia staff do "refresh printer" on printer CL408MG2. As for Vietnam staff, they did not encounter this problem which their printer did not print out Malaysia label.

I have check over and over the setting in both AIX (smitty spooler, etc/host) and SPAD but could not find anything wrong. Please help me to solve this problem.

Regards,

Zaida

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you provide a diagram of your printing infrastructure?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Billy,

Please find below image:

Printer structure

Local network printer setting in SPAD

Vietnam network printer setting in SPAD

Regards,

Zaida

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for the diagram and the SPAD printer configurations, can you navigate to the following location:

Tx SPAD > Spool Servers Display button > double click on prd1par1_P01_00 (or is it prdlparl_P0l_00, hard to tell if they are 1's or L's)

Verify "Allow load balancing" and if there is an Alt. server defined; my thinking is that when the printer is disabled for the refresh, SAP detects this and load balances to the other spool server specified.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Billy,

The server name is PRDLPAR1_P01_00. Anyway, I have check the "Allow load balancing" and Alt. server is not defined for both servers. Please find below image:

Regards,

Zaida

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well now this is an interesting issue, and I don't think its anything happening inside of SAP as that is the only spot that I can think of to specify another spool server.

I don't have any first hand experience with AIX (more Linux administration background), but I'm curious to know what shows up for both systems at the host level when you enter the following command:  "lpstat -W"

I'm curious to see if you have something like this (and have two queue names to the same device):

Queue           Dev            Status       Job Files         User    PP   %  Blks  Cp Rnk

--------------- -------------- -----------  ----------------- ------- ---- -- ----- -- ---

PAC06_ps        hp@PAC06       READY

PAC06_pcl       hp@PAC06       READY

If this doesn't shed any light on whats causing this, my next suggestion is going to be setting up a new print server just to verify if by refreshing the printer the same results are repeated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Billy,

I issue lpstat -W command on both server and it's only display the printer that i have config in smitty spooler..(which I have separate in two different server).

What i do now is, since this problem only happened after refresh the printer, so I  set the backend <timeout> period 120 minutes in etc/qconfig on AIX side. I am still waiting the result if the label from Vietnam still printed at our local network printer. Below is the script that i add:

CL408MG2:

device = @CL408MG2

up = TRUE

host = CL408MG2

s_statfilter = /usr/lib/lpd/aixshort

l_statfilter = /usr/lib/lpd/aixlong

rq = CL408MG2

@CL408MG2:

backend = /usr/lib/lpd/rembak - T120  <- script I add

Regards,

Zaida