cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Document Distribution in DMS along with redlining layer.

former_member213716
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using the document distribution functionality of DMS and sending mail to recipient with Document in attachment.

that attached document is original document were as my  requirement is to send the document with redlining layer saved in DIR.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rajesh,

I hope you are aware of an Authorization object:C_DRAW_MUP.

This object is used for markups(Redlinings).Using this Authorization object you can authorize someone to view the new layer with markups/redlinings what you have created.The same person is he there in the recipient list obviously when he opens the attachement he can view the layer with redlinings.

Please try this.i hope this will solve your problem.

Regards,

Praveen

former_member213716
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

This auth obj is not solving my problem.

Since Layer information is not available with the document distribution mail, hence it is not visible to any one either he/she is authorize or not.

What is understand is that, Redlining function are the facility of SAP R/3 platform it is not PDF functionality thus layer information won't travel with pdf file through mails.

hence layer information is not available with attachment.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rajesh,

What i mean was the same.

Layer information will not carry with the pdf file.The facility of viewing the layers will be available within SAP system only

What i mean by attachment was the attached original in DIR.When you view the attached original within your SAP DMS system then only you will find layers created.

Coming back to your problem  as far as i know you can intimate the next person regarding the new layer by sending him the DIR details but copying the layer into a document is not possible.

Regards,

Praveen