Did you mean: 

BO4 - lovs showing folder list

former_member272336
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Some lovs showing folder list.

Anybody know why this is the case?

Would like tyo show witrhout folders in lobv selection as per theother lovs.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Philip,

check the List of Values Batch size property. The property is explained here:

1710381 - When refreshing a Web Intelligence report, the prompts do not show all the values of a BEx Query prompt if the number of values exceeds the batch size (1000 by default)

Best regards,

Victor

former_member272336
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi  All,

We don't use bex does this still appply.

Thanks

former_member272336
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Had a look at note - looks to have been resolved in sp5.

we are on sp6 but still see the folders.

Any downside to increasing love batch size property?  Larets dimension approx 250k - don't want to have to put up this high.  Distint values far less but this a scd type 2 dimension.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Philip,

I posted the note because the property is explained, but I dont think that you are experiencing the issue described there (you cannot find some entries), that being fixed in SP05.

I believe that setting is also for relational universe, can you try?

In following KBA is mentioned that you could run into performance issues if set this higher:

1853939 - List of Values(LOV) in prompts after refreshing Web Intelligence(WebI) Report appearing in folder structure.

Best regards,

Victor

former_member272336
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Victor,

Thanks - note this expalins it well - will leave as is - at least we know why happning.

Thanks

Philip

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi phil,

I have seen the below issue with one of the prompts and it was resolved in our case after the master data re-loads in QA and PROD.

I am not sure if the BW guy has done anything at the BW layer apart from data reload, but I understand this happens when your LOV is huge as BW tries to group them by ranges into folders for easy navigation of LOV.

Thanks

Mallik