cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import existing DC from NWDI to NWDS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are intending to upgrade the portal and I have been tasked with migrating the current WDJava applications to  the new version.

In NWDS 7.013, I would like to download/copy the DCs contained in these packages  in NWDI to my local file system.

In the Development Configuration perspective, there is one development configuration containing one "DC package" which contains the WDJavas (see below) that need to be migrated to the new version.

On right clicking the DC (second level in hierarchy), the options are shown as above.  On clicking Create New DC, following the wizard, I created a new DC with a new activity into the NWDS workspace.  However, the resulting DC in the WebDynpro perspective does not contain the WDJ applications or components contained in the original package which was copied i.e. the whole structure is blank. 

However, I can go to each the individual DCs (third-level hierarchy) which gives me the option to "Create Project".  The resulting project that is created correctly contains the relevant WDJ components. 

I would greatly appreciate some assistance in helping to me understand whether I can then redeploy the individual projects into the same "package" or is it called "track" following the upgrade which will presumably remove all these custom developed WDJ development components.

Thanks in advance

John Kuriakose

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you are talking about migration...but what you are doing is kind of nonsense...

two step for the migration

1.just create a new track and forward the old sca to the new track

2.download the code with new NWDS and do the migration.

Answers (0)