Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resource Capacity Mapping in APO Which is planned in ECC

former_member928177
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have two work centres say WC1 and WC2 which are using the same Pool Capacity,Manufacturing Prod1 on WC1 and Prod2 on WC2,In case of capacity constraint Prod1 can be manufactured on WC2.

Due to some business reason Prod2 is not planned in APO only Prod1 in APO, but since we can plan Prod1 on WC2 we need to CIF WC1 and WC2 in APO.

SO in APO we have Resources as WC1 and WC2 and only Prod1. (Prod2 only in ECC).

Requirement: Say in case of capacity constraint for Prod1 on WC1, I want to shift my production to WC2 the issue Is capacity on WC2 in APO is not exact available capacity since Consumed capacity in ECC by Prod2 will not be updated in APO as I am not planning Prod2 in APO.

Can you please guide me how to take this consumed capacity to APO. or any other way to tackle this requirment.

Thank you in advance.

Amol

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member189901
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hii Amol,

You are saying that business doesn't want to plan Product 2 in APO. So no need to change anything, just activate IM  of materials and Planned orders/production orders for the Product 2  as well. and also the PPM/PDS of the product. Maintain IM such a way that it'll pick all the products those are not planing APO as well.

Example: Put selection of MRP Type for PD (MRP Planning) as well

So in this case you can have all the orders in APO, though the planning is happening in ECC side, but still you can have all the transaction data in APO. And also you can find the Load details on your resource as well, because you already have resource in APO.

Toough we are sending all the master data to APO. But it is still planning in ECC only not in APO.

Regards

Debashis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

To resolve this - ask business users to define and devide the capacity of the WC2 between Prod1 and Prod2. (Not correct practicly to do this) Still may be a approximate figures.

Once they provide data or percentage capacity of WC2 used to produce Prod1 and Prod2, maintain the percentage capacity provided for Prod1 - WC2  in /SAPAPO/RES01.

This is kind of work around.

Regards,

Amit

sourabh_jain66
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

Not sure about this, can you check with ciffing Prod 2 to APO, but not plan the same there.

Check if capacity consumption is getting updated then.

Let me know if issue still remains.

Rgds

Sourabh

former_member928177
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sourabh,

Thank you for reply,

Wil check with this workaround but need to check about dependent demand for this Prod2 coming from upper assembly as while planning in APO.

Thanks,

Amol