Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Step 2C in SU25 and comparision of roles

0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

I am new in SAP security and have a task at hand to adjust roles changed after upgrade from ECC 5.0 to ECC 6.0 EHP6.

We have executed steps 2A,2B,2C and from step 2c we have go around 300+ roles which have to be adjusted for authorization changes.

So I initially started the comparision process "Manually" i.e. logon to ECC 6.0 & ECC 5.0 and compare and adjust the role in ECC 6.0,but it is a very tedious and seems to be impossible task looking at some of the transaction & authorization in roles given to Functional consultants or developers.

So I found that using SUIM transaction--> Comparision-->from Roles-->Across System

I created two RFC's

1) System A : Self RFC (ECC 6.0)

2)System B : RFC(ECC 6.0 to ECC 5.0)

The I entered the role which needs to be compared between the system: ZS_FUNCTIONAL

and compared it, the output shows everything as "GREEN"

It does show me that role is compared between two system

DBS & XDS

Is there something I am doing wrong ??

If I check in PFCG of Upgraded system , it shows me many "YELLOW" fields

I would like to know if there is any better way to compare the difference between Upgraded system(ECC 6 EHP6) & Old system (ECC 5.0)

Thanks & Regards,

Prem

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Doing a good job in step 2B is the key, so that you can make as many assumptions as possible in 2C.

I also have a tool to simulate merging so that you can see the impact and know which roles are most impacted (compared to what they had before hand).

It is most effiecient to do all that work in the DEV system after it is upgraded and try to pass as little as possible on to testing changes.

Cheers,

Julius

PS: note that if the roles are build manually before hand, then you cannot leverage SU24. So SU25 is just an irritating popup in PFCG and the consultants who implemented the roled are long gone...