cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changes in Z* tables

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello friends!

I do not know what it is, the productive client is closed to changes, but i can make changes in Z* tables via sm30. Please, tell me, how i can prevent making changes in tables?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

At the same time, business users are granted access to maintain Z* tables indicating that they do change tables in production, especially master data.

I already tried SE11 to figure out whether there is a difference in tables but no luck. Is there a setting for each table that allows it to be changed without openning the client?

Private_Member_12188
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Check the users authorizations for S_TABU_DIS, more than likely your users have a *.  You can change it to display only if you want.  This will affect all table maintenance.  If you want to allow for some tables and not for others you will have to assign the tables to a table group, then grant change authorizations for that table group.

Some related links.

Authorization Object S_TABU_DIS (Table Maintenance)

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/Helpdata/en/1e/e867408cd59b0ae10000000a155106/content.htm

How to work with S_TABU_DIS

http://scn.sap.com/thread/227856

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello! Thanks for answers!

The problem was solved by changing table type on CUST!

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Albert,

You are allowed to make changes as it is a customizing table. Could you change the configuration to from customizing to application table and check the results.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Private_Member_12188
Active Participant
0 Kudos

You do not want to change the table type from customizing to application.  This had wider implications than the ability to maintain the table via SM30.  It's better to either restrict the maintenance dialog screens via authorization group or to just delete them all together.

Private_Member_12188
Active Participant
0 Kudos

There are a couple of way you can accomplish what you want.  In SE11, maintain the table in question.  In the Utilities menu go to Table Maintenance Generator.  From there you can either delete all of the generated objects or change the authorization groups for that table maintenance dialog.

former_member191911
Contributor
0 Kudos

Is the client closed via SCC4 as well as for SE06 ?

Kr. Mark