cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tooltip and More Technical Field help

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have 2 questions and both are related to help topics.  

Question #1 on Tooltips:  I know that I can change the tooltip by implementing an ehancement on the GET_DEFINTION METHOD of the CL_EHFND_FBI_GUIBB_FORM FEEDER Class

loop at et_field_description assigning <fs_field_descr> where name = 'TITLE'.

<fs_field_descr>-TOOLTIP  = My New TItle'..
    endloop.

Is there some way to ehance this at all so users can maintain these tooltips themseves via a Z table, sharepoint or web link?  I see that theire is a TOOLTIP_REF in teh FPMGB_S_FORMFIELD_DESCR structure but I am not sure if this is what I am looking for or how to use it.  Does anyone know if what I am asking is possible and how to achieve it?

Question # 2:  When you create a UI Iput Element in your view, when the application runs if you right click on that field and Select "More Field Help" then some SAP Documentation is shown on that data element.  I have been asked if I can customize/enhance this somehow so it shows the documentation our business users want and not the SAP delivered ones for each field on the view.  Has anyone done this before or know if it is even possible?  If it is possible can you let me know how it can be done?  If it is not possible do you have any suggestions of alternative ways I can achieve this same type of thing (i.e. help text for each field on the form).

p.s. .... in a perfect worl this help text should be tied to a weblink or sharepoint link so the users can maintain it themselves. 

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

guillaume-hrc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

#1 I am not sure I understand your point correctly...

Why not use the TOOLTIP field in ET_FIELD_DESCRIPTION (from the very FPMGB_T_FORMFIELD_DESCR table type you are referring to)? It will be a static tooltip

Field TOOLTIP_REF redirects to another field of your model so that the tooltip is dynamic.

#2 Not sure about this one but have you tried HELP_TEXT?

Here is a nice explanation from Thomas about all the fields:

http://scn.sap.com/thread/2095643

Best regards,

Guillaume

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank-you very much.  My code above was referencing FPMGB_T_FORMFIELD_DESCR-tooltip and it does work.  You answered my question though about tooltip_ref and it is only a reference to another field of the model.  And thank-you very much for the thread on the explanation of all of the fields.

And I did find the answer on my More Field Help Question.  You can change these with transaction SE61.  

Answers (0)